⠀⠀⠀ thirteen

T H I R T E E N

18th of October MotorCity Casino Hotel Detroit, Michigan

18th of October
MotorCity Casino Hotel
Detroit, Michigan

    "I DON'T KNOW how any of you never feel the side effects of jet lag after a flight. My head feels like it about to explode."

Scout stretched her aching back as she followed the team into the parked SUVs that waited for them. Silently, she took the empty passenger seat while JJ drove and Nichols sat in the backseat. Morgan, Reid, and Prentiss took the other car.

The raven haired woman quipped her brow, "Think you'll be able to keep up?"

"I think so," Scout shrugged her shoulders and smiled through the rear view mirror. "But I'm definitely excited."

"For what? To work on a case?"

"Nope, this is my first cannibalism case. I've been waiting for this." The brunette brought her knees to her chest and playfully patted a small beat.

Nichols' jaw dropped before she turned to JJ, "Is she serious?"

"I'm afraid so."

The sudden ringing of JJ's cell phone made the three women perk up and try to look more professional than they had. It hadn't even been 5 minutes since they had pulled out of the air strip and were told to drive towards the hotel.

"You're on speaker, Em. What's going on?" JJ frowned, pulling the car to the side of the road to listen.

"Garcia just got a hit on a crime scene and thinks it could be from our Unsub. I'm going to drop off Reid and Morgan to the coroner's office to have a look at our first victim. JJ, I sent you a text with an address and I want you to drop off Wiley and Nichols to check it out. Then come and meet me at the hotel to set up."

Scout frowned, "No sheriff's office?"

"Sadly, no. Unless we want to work in the same room as everyone else and have no privacy, this is the best we can do for now."

"Okay," JJ hesitated. "I'm on my way then."

"Think that I'll finally be able to have a gun this time around?" The brunette raised a her brow teasingly.

"What? You?" Nichols rolled her eyes. "I don't think the FBI would enjoy having an armed ex-convict and deadly assassin out on the streets with an armed weapon."

JJ smirked before she leaned into her bag and pulled out a pistol, handing it to Scout. "All of which are good reasons as to why she should be armed. You'd regret not giving her a gun when you get into a sticky situation."