⠀⠀⠀ two

T W O

21st of September La Nueva PanaderiaBuenos Aires, Argentina

21st of September
La Nueva Panaderia
Buenos Aires, Argentina

"BUT MOM, IT'S not illegal to go on the dark web! That's a very common myth. You just have to sign up and you can freely browse any large dark net marketplace."

Scout Wiley groaned, pressing her forehead onto the cold counter of the bakery. It was almost time to close for the day and she was absolutely exhausted.

But her 13 year old daughter wasn't making it any easier for her.

"I don't care. It's dangerous for you to be on that side of the internet, especially after what happened last month."

The young brunette huffed, "It wasn't my fault. How was I supposed to know that private records were so easy to hack into?"

"Well, there's a reason as to why they are called private, Jude."

Her daughter cocked her head to the side, as if she couldn't wrap her head around what was so wrong with the situation. She closed her laptop shut and got out of her usual booth.

"If I can't browse the internet, what do expect me to do with all my time? Read a book?"

"No," Scout rolled her eyes. "Mainly because I already know you've read every single book we have in the apartment."

"And the cook books too."

"Of course, how could I forget the cook books?"

Jude lifted herself onto the counter by her mother, "The dark web is significantly larger than the clear net, on average about four to 500 times larger. Researchers, law enforcement, and normal citizens do it all the time without any legal repercussions..."

She hesitated, scrunching her nose and pressing her lips together, making a face that Scout found all too familiar.

"Where the legal trouble starts is when you start buying things, shipping things, and distributing content. That is where you get into trouble."

The older brunette pulled off her apron from her waistline, "You promise you won't ever do that?"

"I promise that if I ever do something illegal, I won't get caught." She teased, putting one hand over her heart and the other raised.

"That's not what I said."

"But that's as close as you'll get, Mother."