⠀⠀⠀ seventeen

S E V E N T E E N

15th of November Fifth Avenue Quantico, Virginia

15th of November
Fifth Avenue
Quantico, Virginia

    "DO YOU HAVE to go? You're the only one that can handle Jude when she gets frustrated. How am I supposed to keep up with her when she starts throwing facts at me?"

"Oh, Paloma." Raphael pouted at her, taking her jaw into his hands and caressing her cheek. "You will never be able to keep up."

The brunette mother scoffed, rolling up one of his shirts and throwing it at him. He immediately laughed as he watched the article of clothing drop to the floor in front of him pitifully.

"She's just a teenager. You have to learn to be flexible."

Scout rolled her eyes, "I'm not flexible."

"Well, I disagree," Raph smirked, zipping his suitcase up and winking at her.

A small blush creeped onto her cheeks as she shook her head at his teasing. It was normal that they flirted with each other, sometimes even healthy as they both occasionally needed a confidence booster.

"Look," He sighed, scratching at the stubble on his chin. "Jude practically worships you. You're her idol, Paloma."

"And so are you."

"Be that as it may, it's nothing compared to how she sees you. You're her mother. And she wants nothing more than to protect you from this place. Everything that she does, whether it's disobeying you or not, is done with your safety in mind."

Scout bit the inside of her cheek, "She's 13 - Sorry, almost 14."

"That girl is going to kill me for missing her birthday."

"She'll understand. But again, Jude's too young to have all these kinds of thoughts and worries. She's never been able to just be a kid."

"Scout -" Raph grabbed her by elbow, trying to calm her down. "We've had this conversation too many times before."

"I know, I know -"

"Then you understand that coming to Virginia was a good thing. Not just for both of your safety, but to give her a chance to live a normal life for once. Think about it."

"Che, I already think too much about this."

"No, I mean really think about it. If everything goes well, then you and Jude will finally be able to come out of hiding. You won't have to live with a constant anxiety of getting caught, Jude may finally be able to go to college and learn more than she ever could before, and maybe - you both can finally make some peace with Spencer."