Deal

The call disconnects abruptly.

Driver: Boss, what should we do now? *the driver asks with a trembling voice.*

We both hear a faint sound emanating from my driver's mobile. I realize it's the person who sent the location.

Jennie: Drive to the location.

Driver: But bo-

Jennie: Just do as I say!

Driver: Sorry, boss. *He starts driving.*

Jennie's POV
I'm extremely worried. Who is he? Could he be a member of the Bangtan gang? All these thoughts are weighing heavily on my mind. Our car comes to a halt in front of a small wooden house.

Jennie: Is this the location?

Driver: Yes, boss.

We notice several men approaching the car.

Man: Step out of the car.

I comply with his command.

Man: Come with us.

Another man seizes my driver, while another escorts me into the wooden house.

Jennie: Release me! Why are you holding my hands? I don't even have a gun!

Man: Quiet!

I spot a figure wearing a mask and hood advancing towards me.

Jennie's bravery swells within her as she confronts the darkness. Despite the risks, she refuses to yield or display any hint of fear, her voice firm and resolute.

Anonymous: So, you've arrived.

Jennie: What do you want?

Anonymous: Nothing more than a simple deal.

Jennie: "I don't negotiate with masked strangers lurking in the shadows. If you have something to say, reveal yourself."

Anonymous: "Bold words for someone in your situation. Very well."

With anticipation, Jennie awaits as the figure removes their mask, revealing only darkness behind it. Yet, there's a familiarity in the voice, a confidence that matches her own.

Jennie: "Who are you?"

Anonymous: "You may call me Shadow. And you, Jennie, have caught my interest."

Jennie narrows her eyes, attentive to any hint of deception in Shadow's words.

Jennie: "Are we here to discuss business or play games? Time is precious."

Shadow: "Direct. I appreciate that. Let's get to the point. The balance of power in the underworld is shifting rapidly, with alliances forming and breaking at an unprecedented pace."

Jennie's mind races as she absorbs the implications of Shadow's words. She understands that staying ahead requires adaptability and seizing opportunities, even from unexpected quarters.

Jennie: "What's your role in all this?"

Shadow: "I have my reasons for seeking someone like you, someone bold and resourceful enough to challenge the status quo."

Jennie: "And why should I accept your offer?"

Shadow: "Because, my dear Jennie, the enemy of my enemy is my ally. And currently, we share a common adversary."

Jennie's gaze hardens as she contemplates Shadow's proposal. She recognizes that trusting Shadow is a gamble, but in the world of crime, risks must be taken to secure victory.