Chapter 7 : Girls talk

The memory of the night before was blurry but her suffering fists were a clue telling her it was crazy. Chaeyoung got up growling, wishing she could sleep a bit more but she could guess from the open curtains and noise in the bathroom that it was already late. She never woke up after Momo so it was a bit odd. As she sat on her bed, her friend entered the room, her hair wrapped in a towel.

"You slept late" She said, sitting in front of her, staring her as if she expected any kind of explanations.

"So what ? You always sleep late" She wasn't in a mood to answer dumb questions, now that her head was also aching.  Momo sighed in annoyance.

"You know I'm not talking about your sleep schedule. What the fuck got into you yesterday ?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, she couldn't believe she was getting scolded again for hitting this dude. She saw Momo get annoyed again and thought the best idea was to explain, again.

"I saw him harrassing a girl, I just did what I had to do. I don't see the problem here, it's not like I killed him" She stood up, hoping she would escape this conversation by getting in the bathroom but Momo joined her. She seemed so mad.

"You can't go around beating the shit out of people. Even men. I mean especially men, it could have been dangerous and ... we're not going this path again."

Chaeyoung stopped to face her friend who had an expression she wasn't used to see on people around her. She knew she had to calm down, because Momo wasn't mad or trying to annoy her, she was worried.

"You don't have to worry, it's not like that" She tried her best to not seem irritated. "I just lost my temper because this guy was disgusting and ... I'm not always able to control myself, as you know"

Momo nodded, to see Chaeyoung fight the night before scared her so much but she knew her friend was trying her best to reassure her. Maybe she was right, like Mina told them that he was harrassing her and that Chaeyoung just tried to help her. But why did she always have to go so hard ?

"I trust you." Chaeyoung felt better seeing her friend soften, she didn't like when she was mad at her. They were always bickering but they rarely argued and having Momo by her side was important. "Now we have to take care of this, show me your hands"

Chaeyoung complied and the atmosphere relaxed. In the bathroom, Momo made sure all the wounds were cleaned and they settled to have lunch. She was so worried that she struggled to sleep and spent the morning cooking, which benefitted both of them now.

"I will talk to Sana tomorrow." Chaeyoung suddenly said. Momo raised her head, surprised.

"About what ?

- I hate to admit it but you were right, I think we might not be on the same wavelenght ... She just has been so clingy and needy lately" 

Her words were harsh but the fact that she wanted a conversation was already a progress. And Momo had no doubt that Sana caught feelings for her friend, and that her friend was far from ready for this kind of commitment. 

"Yes I think a talk is needed, I hope it'll go off well"

Chaeyoung shrugged but she hoped so too.

        The weekend was peaceful for Mina. After the Halloween party she decided to spend her last day of holiday at her dorm, organizing the eight weeks coming before the Christmas break. She remembered that her friends intended to come for a few days at this period and she planned to have the greatest and most successful time in between so she would be carefree when they arrive. She was optimistic about the time that was coming, and it made her happy.