The Visiting Sister: Kyra

It's been peaceful the last few days, Aang hasn't mentioned the affection Zuko bestowed me when he returned from his trip with Sokka. I don't even know if I'm ok with how Zuko acted, but when he disappeared like that I freaked out. I just kept thinking how worried I was for him. I just wanted him to be safe and I don't know. I think I love Zuko, but I don't think I could give him only a year and leave him behind to mourn. I was told by the monks that I could never fall in love if I took my oath and if I ever did I would be putting not only myself in danger but the ones I cared for as well. Back then I just thought I would never fall in love with someone, but I guess I was completely and utterly wrong.

The gang was all asleep, the kids from the invasion even decided to join our group the night before talking and laughing around the fire. I even moved from the air temple rooms to sleep by the fire to join them. I was laying on my side looking at the air bison painting on the wall it reminded me of my own bison and how much I missed his company. Suddenly, something shook the temple, rocks fell a few feet behind me. I rose quickly turning to see ten fire nation aircrafts, heading this way ready to attack. I turned back to see everyone awake in shock by the abruption, I saw a boy pointing behind me his eyes full of fear. I turned to look and saw a hug fire ball heading in our direction. "Everyone take cover!" I yelled while earth bending a house around Aang, Sokka, Suki, and I. I looked to my left and saw Toph had made one for Hakoda with the invasion kids and her. I looked out to see Katara and Zuko running toward us. I jumped out of the earth house and ran towards the fire ball, for I knew they wouldn't make it. I started bending the water from the fountain swirling it behind me then pushing it with all my force. I shot it towards the fire ball soaking it and slowing its speed. It hit the bottom of the temple and shook the whole temple, I turned around to see rocks about to fall on Katara. Zuko grabbed her waist pulling her out of the way. I sighed of relief as I ran back towards them, as soon as I passed the metal shutters Aang air bended them shut.

"We have to go underground to escape." Aang said grabbing Appa and heading to the wall behind us. Toph made a quick tunnel and smiled. I watched as they all tried to push Appa into the tunnel. Zuko was behind me, "Kyra?" I turned to him, "Yes, what's wrong Zuko?" He gave me a small smile, "Its Azula, I saw her on one of the air ships. It's time for me to face her." I crossed my arms, "Not without me your not." He sighed as his hand touched my cheek, "It's a sister visit I believe. Plus by the look of Appa he isn't going to get into that tunnel, I need you to get Appa and fly around the air ship incase I fall ok?" I sighed and got on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "Please be careful." I whispered as he froze a moment. He started to lean down to kiss me but instead pulled me into a tight hug and whispered. "You too." He turned sprinting towards the air crafts. I quickly turned from him not wanting to watch him leap towards his sister in a floating aircraft. I jog toward the group, air bending myself on top of Appa, "Guys he isn't going in! Look, some of us need to go through the tunnel and the rest need to go on Appa." Aang nodded in agreement and jumped on Appa. Katara sighed and kissed her father on his cheek. She ran extending her arm out, as Aang received it helping her up. Sokka hugged his father then grabbed Suki's hand running towards us. He boosted Suki up and jumped on himself. Toph waited for Hakoda and the invasion kids to get into the tunnel when she closed it. She ran towards us and Sokka helped her up. I turned the roaring Appa to the line of fire.

I gasp as I watch Zuko and Azula falling in mid air below the aircrafts. I scream, "Appa! Yip Yip!" We flew up and out of the temple swooping under the air crafts. I finally maneuver Appa under Zuko. I watched as Katara grab his arm pulling him into the saddle safe from harm. A sigh of relief flows through me as a falling Azula catches my eye. "She's not going to make it...." I heard Zuko whisper behind me. I watch as Azula looks at me, she recognized me. She groans as she pulled the fire nation pin from her hair then fire bended to the earth wall. She stabilized her self on the wall with the fire nation pin watching us. "Of course she made it." Zuko whispered as he sighed letting his head drop. I turned and looked at her, "Sho!!!" she screamed I tensed up as my name echoed through the abyss. "You can't hide forever!" I sighed and stood, "Aang, take a hold of Appa.." Aang jumped up and grabbed the reigns. I saw his glider to the right side of the saddle. "Aang I need to borrow your glider." Everyone looked at me in shock. I only looked at Zuko, "I'll be back, I promise." Zuko went to grab me but I jumped off the saddle, back first with Aangs glider in my left hand into the mist below. I glided to the all powerful princess, who was laughing as I got closer. I landed on a rock that was sticking out of the earth wall. "Hello Princess Azula."