Finding Aang: Katara

Ember Island has been quite busy the last few days. Aang and Zuko have been training harder, and I'm starting to worry. Earlier this morning we were all doing a practice attack with the group, Sokka was the mastermind behind it. Zuko and I were on one side, Sokka and Suki were on another side, Kyra was going to attack from above, while Aang would take the final blow. Toph was on the hill playing as Fire Lord Ozai. Sokka made the signal and we all attacked while Toph gave us everything she had. Then Aang went to take the final blow, but he didn't. He stood there looking at the melon headed Ozai. "Aang what are you waiting for do it!" yelled Sokka. Aang looked back at us all,"I just can't.." Kyra came down from the clouds and stood next to him, "Aang it's ok. I know this is not what the monks taught us." Then my ignorant brother went up to the melon headed Ozai and cut it in half, "That's how its done." He stormed off with Suki. Zuko also left heading towards the beach. Kyra put her arm around Aang, "Come on little brother let's go mediate." I watched as they left me and Toph standing there. "Aang seems pretty tensed up." Toph whispered behind me. I sighed, "Yeah, it's starting to worry me."

The following night Kyra went to talk to Aang. He was on the balcony meditating, I followed her and stood inside. It got quiet so I decided to go out. I saw that Kyra and Aang were hugging, "Aang?" Aang pulled away from Kyra and looked at me. Kyra was looking at Aang, "Aang take my advice and you will find your answer." She quickly hugged him and vanished. Aang smiled at her while she left, he then looked at me, "Yeah Katara?" I started to blush for some reason,"I just wanted you to know I'm here for you." I quickly ran up and hugged him. "Thanks Katara.." He pulled away and started to blush. "Uhm, I think I'm gonna go to bed. Goodnight Aang.." I said walking inside. "Goodnight Katara.." I heard him whisper.

I was always stunned at the beauty of the Fire Lords villa. The court yard is my favorite place to go, it is full of fountains. It was early morning or late night I didn't care. I wasn't sleeping anyway, so I decided to roam the villa. As I reached the court yard, I saw Kyra. She was bending water from fountain to fountain. Her bending was smooth and it looked like the fountains were suppose to do that. She moved to earth bending, she made many earth statues. My favorite is when she made an air temple, she sighed and relaxed. Kyra let blue flames flow through her fists, she relaxed and sat down. She tensed up, "No need to hide, trying to be sneaky near a air-bender is impossible." I smiled and entered into the court yard. "I wasn't hiding I was just admiring." She smiled, "Oh, I was just fooling around, keeping my mind busy." I sat next to her. "I'm guessing you can't sleep either." I said looking at the stars. "I've been having more nightmares.. Zuko is quite worried about it, I think. I quit telling him about them now, or that I come here at night to train even more." She moved her attention to me, "I'm guessing your not here due to my nightmares?" I looked back at her, "I'm worried about Aang." She sighed, "Me too Katara. Aang is struggling to abandon what he has been taught about the importance of life. For sometimes we need to understand to sacrifice our own feelings for what we know is right." I sighed, "Sometimes I envy how wise you are." She laughed, "I wouldn't I am a hypocrite. I have feelings for someone even though I know I have a duty." I put my hand on her shoulder, "But I think your situation is different Kyra." She shook her head, "I'm not sure. But I believe that Aang is going to have to make a choice and I am not sure what he is going to choose."  We both sat there in silence until the sun rose. She stood, "Well, you better get some rest before everyone awakens. I'm sure there will be more things to resolve." I stood and looked at the sun, "Do you think Aang will be fine?" She started to leave, "No matter what happens Katara.. I think he will." 

She left the court yard silently. I sighed and headed back to my room. I got dressed in my normal water tribe attire, for I didn't want to sleep. As I went out I found Sokka, Suki and Toph standing in a circle tired and still in their sleep wear. They all seemed to be concerned about something. I walked up to them, "What's wrong guys?" Sokka looked at me, "Aang's gone and so is Momo." I about fainted, "What!? He was here last night!" Suki sighed, "Yeah but we found his foot steps on the beach, leading into the sea." I didn't know how to comprehend this, "Kyra might know where he went." I blurted. Toph started to leave, "Where are you going?" Sokka said following her. "Well, Katara says Kyra might know so, let's go ask her." We all found her with Zuko talking on the beach. Zuko was pacing as Kyra was staring at the sea. I let my anger take hold of me, "Hey!" I yelled and started attacking Kyra. She deflected every move I made. She then sunk me into the sand, and only my head was sticking out. "What the heck Kartara!" She screamed. "Aang is gone you, you-" Her eyes were in shock, "What!? Aang is gone!" She interjected. I was confused, "Well you told him to meditate and he will find his answer! So what was his answer!" She bended me up out of the sand, "Well first off Katara I wouldn't hurt him! And second I don't know what his answer was. But obviously his answer was away from here!" 

Her anger was shocking, she had the ocean water about ten feet tall. Zuko came up behind her and started to rub her shoulders. The tidal wave behind her finally came down. "So you don't know where he is.." Sokka said still stunned by her sand bending. The tears in her eyes fell like a river, "No Sokka I dont.." Toph coughed, "Well let's search the island." We all split up and searched, still not finding Aang. We all met up in the entrance, "Well he isn't on the island." Sokka said standing. "Well he can't just vanish!" Kyra yelled as she paced the temple. I looked up at Zuko, "Well Zuko it's up to you." He looked down at me, "What?" Toph giggled, "Well you are the expert at tracking Aang." Everyone looked up at Zuko, but his eyes were staring at the distraught Kyra. "There is one thing I think we could do." As we rode on Appa to the Earth Kingdom I watched the moon. I started to think about my life without Aang. I wanted him to be safe. I guess my feelings aren't so confusing anymore, I was in love with Aang, and I don't even know if I will get to tell him. Zuko had led us to this random tavern in the Earth Kingdom. Kyra stood on Appa's saddle and looked at the lonely cavern in the woods, "Zuko? what are we doing here?" He smirked and jumped down on the ground, "June, and her weird animal." She smirked and jumped down as well, "Another girlfriend of yours?" she passed him up and entered into the cavern with us all following. We talked with June, and her weird animal. Sadly though the animal could not get scent from Aangs glider. "What does that mean?" Sokka said. "Means your buddy, doesn't exist." 

Kyra grabbed her by her collar and lifted her off the ground. "Listen here June! Aang is not dead." June coughed, "I didn't say he's dead, we would be able to find the body." June tried to break Kyra's grip, but failed miserably. "So he just vanished from the face of the earth?" June kicked Kyra on her weak side, Kyra dropped June, Kyra was holding her side, as Zuko grabbed her waist. He then kissed her head and went back to Appa, returning with a smelly flip flop, "Here if we can't find Aang, I know someone who may be able too." Kyra smirked, "You kept your Uncle's flip flop?" Toph giggled, "Ewe." Sokka and Suki snickered. "Awe I think it's kinda sweet." I said smirking. The weird animal thing sniffed it and then found the track. We followed June on Appa, and we reached this weird mountain. We landed near June, "What's the hold up?" June looked up, "Your fellow is in there." She turned and headed the other direction. Kyra looked up at the mountain, "We can't fly Appa through the mountain's passes." We all jumped off and reached an opening, "What the heck is this?" Sokka said while looking up at the broken earth like gate. Then the earth shook and people with White Lotuses on their robes appeared. Kyra jumped in front of us diminishing the attacks, "Stop! It's Avatar Guide Kyra!" She screamed. They all stopped and came down to her and bowed. "Sorry Master Kyra." They said in unison. She giggled, "It's ok, I know you were just protecting yourselves." We all looked at the bowing people stunned. "Kyra why are they bowing to you?" Zuko said grabbing her hand, "They have been my loyal helpers and friends. The White Lotus."