Ember Island: Kyra

Ember Island is a very beautiful place. I remember coming here with Zuko and his family, it was my only time I spent with Zuko away from the palace. They invited me once or twice to enjoy a weekend here. Sadly though Queen Ursa and Ozai would get into terrible arguments. We have been here a few weeks and I think everyone is getting rather bored because Aang and Zuko have been training nonstop. Zuko has told me that at this pace Aang will become a fire bending master before Sozin's comet. Though his training is not completely over, the next part of his training is with me. Which means helping him conquer his fear of killing Fire Lord Ozai.

Zuko and Aang are in the courtyard, Zuko is showing him how to redirect lightening. Katara and I have been watching them all morning. "Kyra?" I looked over at Katara who was still looking at Aang. "Yes?" she sighed, "How did you know you cared for Zuko?" I sat there speechless not sure what advice to give her, I sighed, "There is always complications Katara. I care for Zuko with all my being. My feelings are still confused but I know I want to be with Zuko." She turned to me, "Oh.. I see" I gave her a small smile, "What is troubling you?" She looked back at Aang, "I guess I'm confused." I only smiled, "Aren't we all." She smiled at me. Then Sokka and Suki came storming in, "Guys!! LOOK!!" Sokka held up a poster with Aang's face on it. "Uh what is it?" Toph said as she emerged from the beach. Sokka looked at her with glee, "It's a play about us!!" Zuko and I groaned in unison. I looked at him and smiled, "Yeah my mom used to take us to go see those." He said while walking towards us. I looked up at Sokka, "I had found them not to be truthful." Sokka groaned, "Oh come on guys! We have been bored for so long!" We all sighed, "Alright Sokka we will go to the play." Aang said coming to stand beside Zuko. Sokka jumped up and then kissed Suki on the cheek. Zuko groaned, "Well you guys gotta wear like nice clothes or they won't let you in." Katara smiled, "Well we should all go down to the village and pick out some clothes." Everyone followed her, I started to get up when Zuko grabbed me. "I have something special for you." I blushed as he led me through his family's home.

I realized he was leading me into his parents room, "Zuko why are we going in here?" He picked me up and sat me on the bed, "Just stay right here." He winked at me and walked into his mother's closet. I heard him stir around in there. He finally came out with a red dress. It was trimmed with gold lining, with long sleeves, the sleeves were long enough to still hid my tattoos. "Oh.. Zuko.." I blushed. He smiled and he pulled out another material from behind his back. It was a suit that matched my dress. I giggled and jumped off the bed. "I guess I should get dressed." I snatched the dress and walked into the Ursa's closet. "Kyra there's a gold ribbon on the table thing. Put it in your hair." He yelled from the bedroom. I smiled and quickly undressed. I put on the dress and red flats to go with it. I sat at the vanity in her closet, looking at myself in the mirror. I looked at my hair and started to make a fire nation half up bun, just how Queen Ursa taught me. After I created my master piece I tied the ribbon around it. I pulled my bangs over my arrow. I smiled in the reflection and walked out of the closet. Zuko was sitting on the bed in his suit with a large cloak. He jumped up and looked at me, "Wow, Kyra you uh...you look gorgeous..." I blushed and twirled around in a circle giggling. "My mother wore that for their engagement." I looked at him and smiled, "So does that mean were engaged?" I teased.

He came to me and grabbed my hands. He looked at me, "Soon I will propose to you.. and hopefully you say yes." I widened my eyes, "Oh.." He grabbed my wrist smiling, "Zuko what are you-" I felt something cold go around my wrist. I looked down and saw it was Queen Ursa's red ruby bracelet. I quickly looked up at him, "Zuko I can't take this it's your mother's.." I whispered. He leaned down to where only our foreheads were touching, "It's a promise that I will propose to you." I smiled and kissed him closing the gap between us. Then from the doorway, "Eww.. Seriously get a room." Zuko pulled back and I saw Toph dressed in Fire nation attire. "We are in one." Zuko said smirking. She smiled, "Alrighty hothead.. Come on Sokka's gonna have a heart attack.." She walked off. I smiled up at Zuko, "Come on Fire Lord Zuko." I walked to the door and turned back to him, "I'm not Fire Lord yet." He came up to me grabbing my hand. "You are too me." He kissed me and we left the room running to catch up with the group. As the play started I realized that I hated these plays. Zuko and I were sitting in between Aang and Katara. I felt bad but I mean she isn't ready to tell him how she feels anyway. The play started and everyone hated their character. Aang was played by a girl, Katara was too touchy feely, Sokka was not funny at all and Toph was a huge man. Which actually she liked that, and it did kinda did suite her. When I was talking to Suki who was behind me a bright scene of Katara and Zuko in the crystal dungeon caught everyone's attention. I watched as the actors kissed each other, everyone gasped. "That's interesting." Toph said giggling.