4 - 𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

CW: unsettling descriptions

"Good morning, Paradis! This is Shannon Rogers and Ryle Johnston reporting to you live from Wall Sina!"

"There have recently been two deaths in the training regiment: Keith Shadis and Connie Springer."

"Yes, Ryle. We do not know if it is homicide or suicide, but we advise anyone currently in the Training Corps to initiate precautions in order to prevent anyone else from dying if this is in fact a murder."

"I could not have said it better myself, Shannon. Please be on the lookout for any possible suspects. 

"Prioritize your safety over others!"

Crack.

Eren presses the off button on the camera vigorously until the device shuts off before throwing it onto the floor, shooting the back compartment open and causing the batteries to fly out of their sockets.

A friend Jean knows in wall Sina recorded two public speakers spreading the latest news and mailed Jean the camera. After Jean finished watching the video, he entrusted the device in the loyal hands of Armin and the unworthy ones of Eren before he departed to go train outside, and the latter ended up dropping it and spilling the batteries out onto the floor. 

Armin sighs and bends down to pick them up. "Eren, what's got you all worked up?"

The brunette groans, leaning back into his top bunk's mattress. "The whole killing thing." He irritatedly pinches the bridge of his nose and shuts his eyes. "I thought we were supposed to kill titans, not our allies."

"I agree," the blonde affirms as he places the batteries back into their rightful spots. "I wonder what their reason is to do something this stupid."

Eren shrugs. "Dunno."

Armin closes the battery compartment and rests the camera on a dark wooden table as he thinks out loud to himself. "They might kill more of us next. Maybe they'll kill you or Mikasa...or maybe they'll kill me." His skin develops goosebumps by simply pondering about the subject.

"I don't think they'd have a reason to kill Mikasa," Reiner interjects the conversation, stepping into the room and placing his hands in his pockets. He looks overly calm in this dire situation.

The shorter blonde raises and eyebrow, climbing into the bed under Eren's. "Why do you think that?"

"Think about it, Armin. It might just be coincidence, but their targets have only been dudes," comments Reiner.

Armin stares at the powered-off camera as he thinks. "But they've only killed two people, and who's to say it was a homicide? They might have both been fed up with life at the same time."