10 - 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌

"When will training start again?" whines Ymir, leaning on Krista's shoulder and exhaling a sigh full of tedium.

"When people stop getting killed," Annie answers in a monotone voice.

The freckled girl groans. "This sucks."

"People are being murdered," comments Mikasa, shuffling into the cabin and closing the door behind her as she enters. She has a gloomy disposition, with half-lidded, saddened eyes and a slouched poise. "You don't have it anywhere near as bad as them."

Ymir silences, not speaking a word after that. She knows Mikasa appears to be in a faintly angered mood, and arguing with her would only agitate her more.

"Something wrong, Mikasa?" inquires Annie, arching an eyebrow.

"Nothing," the black-haired female responds concisely. She climbs into her bed and lays on the mattress, pulling the covers over her body and turning over to face the wall as her weary eyelids begin to close.

You soon burst through the door, ecstatic morale lighting up the atmosphere of the cabin. You skip inside the room, brightly beaming because of the previous interaction you had with your new boyfriend.

Boyfriend. Calling Eren that makes your skin tickle with joy. The feeling of having someone you like feel the same in return sends you into a spiral of happiness. 

"What's got you so excited?" Sasha asks you.

You confidently smirk, unable to hold back the joyful laughter that escapes your lips. "I'm dating Eren," you say quietly, the announcement faintly sending an unnecessary embarrassed feeling into your mind.

"You're dating Eren?" Krista exclaims, running up to you with a jubilant beam. "I'm so happy for you!"

Your smile widens. "Thank you!"

"Congrats, (Y/N)," comments Annie, leaning on a bookshelf with her arms folded over her chest and a hint of a smile adorning her lips.

"Good job!" Sasha yells happily, rushing up to you and Krista and pulling the both of you into a tight hug. She rests her chin in between you and the blonde's shoulder, causing you all to cheerfully laugh and experience overwhelming exuberance in this time of crisis.

Mikasa walks past the hug, briefly smiles in your direction, and heads into the bathroom. She closes the door and locks it before looking at herself in the mirror, questioning what does she not have that you do. Should she have not cut her hair so short? Should she have done something different in the past? What made him choose you over her?

Tears begin to form in her eyes, and she sniffles in silence while she remains stagnant, watching her tears flow down her cheeks in the mirror. She's incapable of doing anything else that requires movement.