11 - 𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

CW: blood, violence, and unsettling descriptions

Reiner traverses down the pathway engraved into the sandy ground, knife glued to his palm as his fingers and teeth clench together with immense strength and hatred for Eren Jaeger.

Eren wasn't even near his radar of suspects. He was trustworthy and loyal, and every word he spoke made it seem like he had the same mindset at Reiner.

But it was all a fallacy.

He should know, especially with all the secrets he hides, that people can't be naively trusted, yet he fell into Eren's trap so easily.

Eren used you, the woman Reiner loves. You're a lady who should be treated with the utmost care and respect, but Eren merely views you as a reward, a prize that shall be bestowed upon him once all other contestants are removed from the competition.

You're none the wiser, willingly succumbing to his touch and tender facade, surrendering to his fulfilling lies. Love greater than the sun has blinded your vigilant eyes, regarding you unable to see through his opaque act of endearment.

This whole training regiment is a masquerade ball. That's the sole knowledge Eren has led him to discover.

As Reiner reaches the singular, small outdoor bathroom near the cabins, he places firm raps on the door.

"Occupied!" a voice sounding like a familiar brunette's replies from inside the stall.

Reiner remains silent and waits on the side of the stall, fiddling with the weapon in his right hand. The thought of finally using it to bring justice for his fallen allies tempts him into hurrying up this process. He slowly inhales, bracing himself for the crime he's about to commit.

It's for the the sake of his friends lives, your life.

The door swings open, revealing a nonchalant Eren sauntering out of the stall. "Okay, you can go in now—"

In a fraction of a second, the brunette gets ruthlessly pushed back into the claustrophobic area, joined by Reiner.

The blonde slams the door shut and presses the knife up to Eren's neck, cutting a thin line into his tan skin. His eyes burn into the others, eclipsing the previous main focus of the flickering light bulb dancing on a thin wire attached to the wooden ceiling.

Eren forces a smile. "Reiner, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" the bigger one growls. "You're murdering people, Eren!"

"Where'd you hear that from?" questions the other, continuing his acting.

"Don't play dumb, Eren," Reiner commands through gritted teeth, staring at him with a menacing glower and shadowed eyes. "You're killing them over a shitty girl!"