7 - 𝖗𝖊𝖍𝖆𝖇𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

Reiner stops by your cabin again today to converse about more possible suspects. You let him in and lock the door once he enters, ensuring an unknown person doesn't waltz inside with a murderous intent.

The blonde takes a seat on the circular carpet on the wooden floor, adjusting his position until it's comfortable. You sit on your bed, elbows on your knees as you peer down at him.

"Another death," you remark in a hushed voice, breaking the silence.

He nods. "What reason would someone have to kill Marco?"

"I don't know," you say. "He was so nice."

"But it does give us a lead. Marco was a guy, and so were the rest of the deaths."

You lean back onto the headboard. "Yeah, I doubt it's merely a coincidence anymore."

Reiner groans, frustrated with the predicament. "I hate this, man," he grumbles, pushing himself off the carpet. "I hate how this shit hasn't ended, and I hate how I don't even know if I'll be alive to see it end." He kicks a piece of trash on the floor and knocks it into your bookshelf.

"And nobody knows who can be the killer, so you can't really trust anybody," you add, standing up off the bed to face him.

He presses two fingers on each hand to his temples and clenches his teeth. "Yeah, at first I thought it might've been Jean, but he'd never kill Marco."

"All we can do is wait, and waiting causes everyone to be at risk of death for a longer time. But more deaths help us uncover the killer."

Eren's three-person dinner table has experienced exponential growth in the past couple days. What started as him, Mikasa, and Armin soon received an addition of you. Sasha joined two days after because of Connie's tragic misfortune, and she's thankfully appearing to steadily return back to her jovial disposition.  When you became acquainted with Reiner, he eventually joined, followed by Bertholdt. 

Jean sits alone at the table next to you. He usually twirls his fork around on his plate while conversing with Marco's ghost. Marco's still alive. That's what he convinces himself. It's a depressing sight.

The new surge in people isn't uplifting Eren's spirits. He was more than content with the four of you, but he basically caused this by murdering everyone else the others used to sit with. If this is his only repercussion, he should consider himself unbelievably lucky.

Today, Armin gives a speech about how to keep safe in your cabins and who to trust. The only people who really listen are Reiner and Bertholdt. Sasha's occupied with eating, Mikasa's scanning the room for anyone who seems suspicious, and you and Eren having a secret game of thumb wars under the table.