19. at least a little hope..

Lucifer's pov

'y/n hasn't been herself for a year.. I don't know what to do.. I give her gifts and everything... Attention, love, and a listen buddy.. how do I help her..?'

I was pacing around the room while she was in the shower.

'i... I think I have an idea..'

Y/ns pov

I came out of the shower and went to my closet. It seems like Lucifer left early. I put on my clothes and lay down on my bed.

'A week has gone past.. where is Lucifer..?'

I curled up into a ball, silently crying. "He gave up on me.... Didn't he..?"

"Of course not, love..." He teleported beside you and hugged you tightly. "Sorry for being gone for so long, my beautiful girl.. I have a surprise for you.." he gave a soft smile as a woman with a pair of wings and an 80s slight look..

Wait...

"Mom..?"

I stood up immediately and hugged her tightly. She teared up and hugged me back. "Mi bebé... cómo estaban mija?" (My baby, how are you darling)

"I-i don't want to talk about that.. but I missed you so much..!" Lucifer backed away to give us time.

"mija.. the days without you were the worst... you don't know how much I missed you..." My mom kissed the top of my head. "I was fearing this when you were old enough to move out, but.. it's so bad to leave you behind.."

I continued hugging her, "I'm so sorry... i-i didn't mean for you to end up this way... y-you haven't found the right person.. you weren't happy... and I made you get k-killed!" My mom rubbed my head and sighed.

"It's not your fault.. stop putting that in your head, mija.."

"B-but it is! If I had just ignored that police officer, y-you would still be here!"  I teared up and covered my face.

"Take deep breaths.. always, whenever you feel sad, remember what I say.. if I think it's my fault for an accident, it is.. but I'll accept it was an accident and not something to criticize about.. if you had no choices left to help someone, know that you did your best to try to help.. it's not your fault you can't always be a hero.."

I sighed and took deep breaths while listening. I wiped away my tears, "Can.. can I have one last lunch with you..? It hurts knowing I-I never got to say goodbye..."

She nodded, "Of course, honey.."

Authors note

ISTG, I'm not bullshitting yall when I say this month has burned me out. I attempted to make this chapter long before. However, the endless stress of being forced to do something every two seconds sucks balls. Starr or staar idfk anymore sucks, and the large amount of unfairness as well as project after project while being sleep deprived is a LOT.

I'm also slightly going into a depression phase cause a lot more has happened. I'm so sorry for making ALL of yall wait for me. Some of you might have forgotten, which is reasonable. Lol, but I do have to say that is positive, is that I'm grateful to have all of you reading this book and supporting it!

You don't know how much your comments make me laugh every day, even if they are concerning to normal people. It just makes me really happy, and I want to give you all that happiness too. So, HOPEFULLY, my updates will be better.