I'll take watch

Three genin presently wait for their Sensei to finish fighting some Sound Shinobi who are way out of their league. It'll most likely take hours till he returns since Kakashi needs to shake them off Team 7 route and place traps around the camp. Sitting next to each other with Sakura in the middle and the boys on each of her sides, right now they are discussing who takes watch.

.

.

.

"I'll stay up and keep watch. You two should get some sleep." Volunteers Sasuke looking at his teammates with an emotionless face.

Naruto not wanting to be outdone speaks up. "No! I am the look out not you." To emphasize it he points his thumb at himself.

"Do as you like." Shrugs the prodigy who couldn't care less about that, but he knew that the blue-eyed boy would fall asleep as soon as he closes his eyes to blink.

Hugging her knees to her chest the only girl speaks up with a determined look in her eyes not wanting to burden her team. "I... I'll stay up as well."

At her declaration the dark-haired Uchiha turns his head in her direction and blinks to hide his surprise that she spoke up.

.

.

.

The moon is already bright on the sky, looking down at the earth with its crescent shape and the millions of beautiful stars accompanying the moon.

Sakura is currently half asleep still sitting in the same position as a few hours ago. She looks over to her blonde teammate who had fallen asleep ten minutes after they had decided, he is snoring loudly and drooling. Irked the young girl directs a murderous glare at him. "It's hard to think with him sleeping like that" shouts Inner-Sakura enraged while punching the air, imagining it as Naruto to keep herself awake.

Sasuke noticing her inner tumult whispers to her as to not wake their other teammate up. "You should get some rest too."

"Heh, I'm fine." Denies the Kunoichi whilst skating her head profusely and holding her hands up.

Rolling his eyes he sighs. "Don't be unreasonable. Don't worry I'll wake you up if anything happens, so I'll stay up alright? Besides..." He gazes down at her right and left leg which has a bandage on it from getting nicked or stabbed.

Following his gaze she quickly says. "I'm alright! These wounds are not painful at all." The green-eyed girl pumps her wounded arm to show him that it doesn't hurt.

Sasuke jabs his finger into her bandaged arm.

Holding her arm with a smile plastered on her face and tears gathering in her eyes to reassure him that it's not painful which is a lie. "It's completely fine!"

"Is that right? Don't be absurd you shouldn't push yourself." Sasuke mutters not believing her though act one bit.

Looking down with a worried expression while Nibbling on her lips the Haruno sighs. "That's not... It's not fair for Sasuke-kun to have to do all the work." Exclaims Sakura with a steady voice.

A calloused hand covers her eyes pushing her back into the tree they are leaning against, except Naruto who fell sideways onto the ground. "It's fine, I don't care!" Grumbles the flustered Avenger. "If I get sleepy you can hit me to wake me up, so I'll keep watch instead of you." He relents holding eye contact with her surprised face.

Sakura giggles at his words with a blush spread across her cheeks while Sasuke turns his head away from her. "I know" whispers the pinkette leaning her head onto his shoulder while his leg is propped up with his arm draped over it opposite to Sakuras side.

.

.

.

Sasuke is still awake and the pretty Kunoichi is now asleep still having her head on his shoulder. The Copy Ninja hasn't arrived yet and soon the sun will begin to set. Suddenly the weight on his shoulder disappeared. He looks over to Sakura and sees her body falling down towards the Uzumaki. He hears Naruto muttering under his breath about Ramen and Sakura. His hand shoots out to grab the girl and hoist her back up. "Why are you sleeping over there!" He grumbles irked at the thought of the female teammate sleeping so close to the boy who proclaims to become Hokage someday.

Before she lands on Naruto, she drags herself up sluggish half asleep.

Sasuke takes his hand and snaps his head in the opposite direction as fast as possible as soon he saw her half-lidded eyes. He feels the comforting weight of her head on his shoulder again, he turns his head over to her and sees her asleep with a smile on her face. The moonlight hits her at a right angle making her look angelic. He carefully places his hand directly next to hers and lays his head atop of hers while he slowly closes his eyes getting tired. "The feeling of not er person's body. It's warm." 

.

.

.

"Time and time again I'd forgotten this."