Hide and Seek

"Kurenai-Sensei?"

The Jonin hearing her name stops walking and turns around to see who addressed her. "Hm?" She tilts her head in question.

.

.

.

Naruto seeing the rookie of their year with a frustrated face while rummaging through his pouch decides to speak up with his arms crossed behind his head. "Whats up?"

"We're missing a scroll." Concludes Sasuke with his eyebrows scrunched together not finding the second scroll inside his pouch.

"If it gets into enemy hands; they could use it against us. Should we go back for it?" Questions the Uzumaki his rival, looking him straight into the eye with a frown.

Hands in his pockets his ouch back to its usual place Sasuke sighs with a bored look. „No need..."

At the Avenger's words both Naruto and Kakashi start booing at him with their thumbs down while simultaneously calling him out. „Don't litter the forest!" with the blonde continuing his banter. „You're the worst!"

Irked the Sharingan wielder looks at them annoyed, shaking his head while grumbling under his breath at their childish antics. „It was just used for notes so..."

Guess we can go back home... Hm?" muses the Copy-Ninja scratching the back of his head, wide-eyed he only now notices something amiss. „Where's Sakura?"

The three orphans scan their surroundings for the pink-haired Kunoichi but cannot see her.

.

.

.

Standing on a tree branch the pinkette surveys the landscape, her short hair is being caressed by the wind. She can hear a shout from afar most likely belonging to the boy with cerulean blue eyes.

„SAKURA-CHAN!"

.

.

.

"Sakura hasn't come home yet... Did something happen?" Questions Mebuki Haruno, Sakura's mother with a worried expression.

"No! I just came to check up on some things." Denies Iruka with clipboard tucked under his arm. "I apologize for coming so late in the evening." The Academy teacher turns on his heel after bidding farewell but stops at the mother's voice.

"Iruka-Sensei! How is that girl coming along as a ninja... Is she working hard? She seems so lost and confused since the Chunin exams..." Nibbling on her lips with a troubled expression while remembering the latest fight with her daughter, her husband and her had tried to talk Sakura out of being a ninja since the invasion. "She always looks like she's at her wits' end.

Smiling fondly while recalling the moments when he spotted Team 7 together, he answered her question. "Actually, if Sakura wasn't around Team 7 would be all over the place. She's irreplaceable. She is the one Kakashi-Sensei praises the most out of the three." Hopping on a tree he jumps to the squad leader of the girl to report back.

.

.

.

Appearing out of nowhere squatting on a tree branch looking down at the boys of his squad with a serious attitude instead of his laid back one. "Sakura-chan hasn't returned home?"

Closing his eyes the boy clad in orange shares his idea with the other two but even Naruto has a doubtful expression. "Maybe she's staying over at Ino's house for the night?"