Chapter- 5, Lost in Thoughts

"A very warm good morning to all” I said as the camera rolled in and the interview started. “ Today, we have with us, the medical director of Mahajan Hospital, Dr. Tarun Mahajan, who has started the noble work of free treatment to the underprivileged in his hospital. And along with him, we have Dr. Monke…….Dr. Apurv, who will be taking care of the neurosurgery department for this project. Thank you so much sir for giving us your precious time” I hurriedly completed my lines when I realised that I had called him a monkey on camera.
I completed the interview and left from there.

APURV'S POV

I was declining Tarun's offer to give the interview along with him. It was his day, therefore he should give it all by himself.
But then he came to me and whispered, “ Come along with me, otherwise..”

“Otherwise what?”

“I'll tell this girl that you like her”

“Wh…what!” I was perplexed. “This is not true”

“ This is my friend, this is. I saw the way you were looking at her. Tu to pura lattu ho gaya uss par” he said while teasing me. “ Are are, dekho to, janab blush kar rahe hain. Kya baat hai, pyar ka kya rang Chadha hai!”

“Let's go. Interview Dena hai na.” I hurriedly went and sat in front of the camera.

She had just started speaking and was addressing us, “we have with us, the medical director of Mahajan Hospital, Dr. Tarun Mahajan, who has started the noble work of free treatment to the underprivileged in his hospital. And along with him, we have Dr. Monke…….Dr. Apurv, who will be taking care of the neurosurgery department for this project.”

I was shocked to the core when I realised that she called me a monkey. Me, the most eligible bachelor and a doctor, was referred to as a monkey. I thought that I had a good impression in the first meet, but she shattered all my hopes.

Mahi left as soon as the interview was completed. She knew she mistakenly called me a monkey on camera and she didn't even say a Sorry.

After she left, Tarun came towards me. Before he could say something, I said, “ I have patients lined up.” And left immediately to avoid any more teasing by him. I attended to my patients all day and went back home.

My parents was resting on the sofa. I freshened up and went to my mother and laid my head in her lap. She started massaging my scalp.
Out of nowhere, I asked them, “ how did you get married?”

“Who is the girl?” My papa replied.

“What girl papa? There's no girl. I just want to know how your love story happened.”

“Okay, I believe you.” My papa replied in a mocking tone.

“But you already know that ours was an arranged marriage.” My mother said.

“ Yes, I know that.” I whispered. “ But mumma, did you like papa in the first meeting?”

“Why such questions today?” my mother asked.

“ Because I want to know.”

“ Honestly speaking, yes I did. When I saw him for the first time, he was talking to my 2 year old cousin in such a sweet way that I was impressed.” she said while remembering her old days.
“ Okay now,  go have dinner. Since you were late, I had kept it in the fridge. Heat it up and have it. And then go to sleep. Don't start watching TV. Got that?”

“Yes ma'am.” I replied standing in the attention position.

I had my dinner and slept while thinking of Mahi, wondering if I had also occupied her thoughts the way she has mine.

***************************************
Hi folks!

I hope you all are doing fine. Here's your next chapter.
Please vote and comment your views. I would love to read them.

See you soon :)