Chapter Forty-Eight

Madison's POV

Her hands trembled ever so slightly as she capped her mascara wand and set it back on the vanity. Madison drew in a steadying breath, meeting her own intently focused gaze in the mirror's reflection. She had Madison been so nervous for a first date. She didn't even know it was going to be today until Kian texted her two days ago with minimal details.

They hadn't seen each other since then, and the suspense was gradually wearing on the musician. Kian's instructions were to be ready by 7 pm, dressed casually in clothes Madison wouldn't mind getting dirty. That alone sent the brunette's mind spiraling, knowing Kian's propensity for adventurous activities, the possibilities were endless. Unusually, the Marine had also informed her that a car would be picking her up.

The vagueness and mystery surrounding Kian's plans only heightened Madison's anticipation and nerves. Her stomach fluttered with a swarm of butterflies, making her thankful that Kian also advised against eating anything. She smoothed her hands down the front of her outfit - a simple but flattering white tank top black leather Harrington jacket and light-colored jeans.

Casual yet cute was the vibe she was going for. Madison had attempted to strike the right balance between stylish and practical for whatever adventurous activity Kian might have schemed up. She refused to dwell too long on the possibility of getting sweaty or disheveled - the singer had made sure to keep her makeup and hair relatively low-maintenance just in case.

A soft ping from her phone made Madison's heart leap into her throat. She hurried over to check the message, her pulse thrumming with anticipation.

Kian: The car is outside whenever you're ready, pretty girl.

When she stepped outside, a sleek black luxury sedan was idling in her driveway. The back door opened automatically as Madison approached. She couldn't resist shooting a quizzical glance at the sharply-dressed driver waiting beside the car.

"Good evening, Miss Barnes," the older gentleman greeted politely with a tip of his hat. "I'll be your transportation for the night."

"Thank you..." Madison replied, still utterly confused as she slid into the plush leather interior. The door closed with a solid thunk, leaving her alone in the spacious confines. While she was no stranger to this type of lavish treatment given her lifestyle and career, it still seemed peculiar that such arrangements were being made by her best friend for what was essentially a date.

Typically, first dates were for getting to know someone deeply for the first time. But Madison already knew everything about the Marine - she knew Kian better than anyone else. So it was intriguing to ponder just where this evening might lead. The singer wondered if this would finally be the time that Kian dropped her reservations completely.

Perhaps tonight, after dancing around their undeniable tension, the Lieutenant would finally cave to her desires. Maybe she would abandon that relentless self-restraint. Madison would surely try her best, maybe turn up the heat a little bit more.

With that intent, the singer had carefully chosen her attire for the night - donning something she knew would appeal to the Marine's tastes. Beneath her tank top Madison wore a tantalizing surprise in Kian's favorite shade of navy blue. Delicate lace trim peeked out teasingly from the neckline of her tank top, a subtle but suggestive preview.

As the car began to glide smoothly away from the curb, Madison couldn't resist fiddling with her phone trying her best to distract herself. She couldn't help the endless thoughts running through her mind, the possible scenarios that could occur tonight. All of them dirtier than the next, the anticipation and pure need was starting to build in her stomach.