Chapter 8

Just going to give you a heads-up. Since you pick the wrong choice for both, so the game is going to get pretty hard again. But the reason for this heads-up. One of the ways the game is going to get harder is there is going to be a bonus killer. They are sided up with the one killer that hasn't been discovered yet by the others. So be cautious. The bonus killer doesn't come into affect until stated. Be careful as you continue. The amount of innocents is low.

Rex, Tracker, Leo, Rory, Al

  Rex sighed.

  "Alright. Let's keep looking for the others". He turned the group back towards the direction they had been going.

  They walked past the room he, Marshall, and Zuma had hidden in and kept looking.

  "Rex, I just thought I of something".

  "What's that, Leo"?

  "If they came this way, wouldn't you have seen it heard them"?

  Rex stopped.

  "I mean, think about it for a second," Leo continued. "Even if they came after you and Marshall ran off, they would have seen Zuma dead. They might have even seen who killed him".

  "So they didn't come this way," Rex concluded.

  "Exactly".

  "But," Rory interjected, "they didn't go towards the entrance either because Ryder, Shade, and I would have seen them when we ran towards Rubble".

  Rex pondered the new information for several seconds.

  "So the only way they could have gone would be...up or down".

  The group looked at each other in silence as the news settled in. Then they all ran back to the office.

  Once outside the office, they began studying the floor, walls, and ceiling as best they could with the little light they had.

  "Find anything?" Rex asked.

  "Nothing".

  "Keep looking. This could help us find them".

  Skye, Rocky, Ella

  Skye weighed their options quickly. Straight seemed safest. She looked at Ella and Rocky, making a slight gesture to the center path. They nodded and they all ran faster than ever.

  As they dove down the center path and the stench filled their nostrils, Skye looked over her shoulder to see what had become of the pursuer.

  Her heart sank. They were still right on their tails.

  Skye picked up speed along with her two companions. They ran, hoping for a place to hide.

  Just then, they saw a light up ahead. Skye remembered what had happened the last time they went towards a strange light, but they had to either continue towards the light or turn around and face whoever had been pursuing them for what felt like hours.

November 2

2:00 a.m.

Ryder, Chase, Marshall, Wild, Shade

  As the group continued on, no one said much. Nervous energy hung thick in the air.

  Suddenly, Ryder's PupPad began to ring, causing all to jump. Wild and Shade bristled up and hissed.