☆ weekend garage! ☆

toya pov //

The four of us head down to the beach, the others chatting and generally just giving off relaxed vibes.

Im feeling the usual sickness to any new social interaction. My head is spiralling. I'm terrified to mess up a single interaction. I'll give a bad impression and neither Akito or Kohane will want to talk to me again.

"Come on. Keep up." An grabbed my hand and pulled me forward. I swallow and struggle to reply with anything, nervously trying to muster up courage.

"Hey, you seem different to others." Akito squinted, as if scanning me up and down. I uncomfortably shift at his gaze.

I didn't want it to be obvious. I hate it. I hate how I'm different. I try to ignore it but I can't.

"Oh, yeah." An nods. I try to refuse her telling them, glaring at her.

"He's autistic." I blink and look at the floor for a moment, before back up at the others.

"Like, actually?" Akito tilted his head.

"Yeah. Diagnosis and stuff." An nodded and smiled.

"Cool. Well not cool. But cool." His gaze flicked toward me as he smiled gently. I tense a bit and smile back hesitantly.

"So, you guys wanna go out and eat? My dad's café is close to here. Weekend garage. Like five-ish minutes away." An offered eagerly.

I always went there as a child. Her house and café was basically a second home to me. I'd be sleeping over at least twice a week. It was crazy.

I sniff and follow the others, fiddling with my bracelet. I really liked the colour range of beads that my Mom had got me for my birthday last year, so I made a bunch of bracelets.

I gave a few to An. I wonder if I should make a few for Akito and Kohane now that they let me be around them. As a token of appreciation.

I get lost in a long train of thought, which will only ever lead me back to the negative perspective of things.

If I dropped out and just lingered behind, would they realise? What if I just walked away like, right now? Would somebody see?

"Hey, come on. You really gotta keep up." Akito rolled his eyes and dropped back, putting his hands on my shoulders as he pushes me forward to be ahead of An and Kohane, next to him.

"I don't wanna just be stuck with them. They're all icky and in love." He sneers at Kohane playfully and she eyes him back.

"Yeah, definitely." I smile and chuckle a little.

What if I can finally find a friend group that I fit in to? One where people actually like me. Maybe. Just maybe.

I tag along up close to Akito. He's like a ray of sunshine. I'm still with the conspiracy theory that he's a sunflower in a body disguise. For sure.

He pushes his glasses onto his face in a fit of irritated attitude, ranting to me about this girl from school that won't leave him alone.

"And she keeps just pestering me about it! Like, go away!" Akito finishes off the session with an annoyed huff as we walk into An's café.

"Don't bombard him with your life story." Kohane sighs, speaking to Akito. We sit down at a table together.

"No- it's okay. I like to just...listen." I say calmly, giving a reassuring nod.

"I finally found a listener." Akito rubs his hands together and smirks.

"God. Brace yourself." Kohane looks at me. I let a smile crack ever so slightly at them both. I don't mention how I really don't mind it at all.