26| Nysha and Nahian's Sudden Nikkah

After their convocation program ended, Shahyan tried to contact his family, but none of them answered his call. It was almost 11 pm, Shahyan was lying down in bed and was continuously trying to call his family in Dhaka, but no one was picking up.

Shanaya, who was lying down beside Shahyan and was on her phone, noticed the tension in Shahyan's face and decided to question him to see if he was alright.

"Shahyan, are you alright?" Shanaya asked, nudging Shahyan's arm.

"No. I'm calling everyone at home, but no one is picking up my calls. Last time, I talked with Ammu in the afternoon. After that, I've had zero contact with them!" Shahyan exclaimed, his voice displaying tension.

"That's weird! When we were at the convocation, I received a text from Nysha stating that Samiha Aunty is very sick. She invited Ammu and Abbu to her home as she wanted to have a word with them, and Nysha and Nishtha are also going with them because Ammu and Abbu are forcefully taking them to Samiha Aunty's place. But the thing that got me was that even after being so sick, she invited them home, as she supposedly had a very important matter to discuss with them." Shanaya stated, while Shahyan's tension only increased.

"Bujhtesina ki je hoise (I am not comprehending what happened)" Shahyan exclaimed, getting more worried.

"Bujhte toh amio partesina Kichu (I am also comprehending anything)" Shanaya stated with a confused look on her face, and just at that moment, Shahyan's phone rang. They quickly checked it to see it was a phone call from Sabiha's number. Both sighed in relief and quickly picked up the call.

"Haa, Hello Ammu? Ki bepar tomra Kew phone dhorona keno ki hoise? Kotokhon dhore phone dicchi ekta Kew dhortesena! (Yeah, Hello Ammu? What is the matter? Why is no one picking up my calls? I have been trying to reach you guys since forever none of you are picking the calls!" Shahyan exclaimed just as he picked up the call. Shanaya signalled for him to put the phone on speaker. Shahyan put the phone on speaker, and they both waited for anyone to speak from the other side of the call.

"Hello, Haa. Ami Nishtha boltesi bashar obostha valona eijonno Kew kono call received kortesena (Hello, Yes. This is me, Nishtha speaking. The situation of this house is not good which is why no one is picking up the phone!" Nishtha spoke from the other side of the phone.

Both Shanaya and Shahyan were shocked to hear this.

"Ki hoise? (What happened?)" Shahyan asked with his perturbed voice.

"Niye toh gesilo Ammu Abbu amader rogi dekhaite kintu ashar shomoy Apur biye koray niye ashche (Ammu and Abbu took us to see a sick person but before leaving they got Apu married to someone)" Nishtha bombarded from the other side of the phone making both Shanaya and Shahyan's heart stop for a moment.

"Eishob ki Ulta palta kotha boltesish? (What nonsense are you blabbering right now?) Nishtha, this is not the right time to joke around! I am ready anxious right now! Tell me what is happening there!"

"I am not joking, Bhaiya! I am serious! I am speaking the truth! They really got Nysha Apu married!"

"WHAT RUBBISH ARE YOU SPEAKING? How can this happen? Nysha's nikkah with whom?"

"With Nahian Bhaiya" Nishtha again bombarded making Shanaya and Shahyan's jaw drop on the floor.

"Nishtha, I don't believe you! Ammu and Abbu can never do this!"

"Bhaiya, trust me! Why will I joke on such a serious moment? Specially when I know you are freaking out in tension! Oh, you know what let me send you the pictures from Nysha Apu's Nikkah!"

Shahyan and Shanaya's heart stopped beating for some time when they saw the picture from Nysha and Nahian's Nikkah. Nishtha was still on the call when after a few minutes no one spoked from both of the sides, Nishtha spoke up.

"Now do you believe me?"

"NISHTHA, TELL ME CLEARLY WHAT HAPPENED?" Shahyan almost screamed.

"Bhabi must have informed you that we were going to Samiha Aunty's place because she called us to have a very important word even though she's really sick"

"Yes, she did! Now tell me what happened there?"

"After we reached Samiha Aunty's residence, a maid ushered us to Samiha Aunty's room where she and her husband were present. Samiha Aunty was bed ridden due to her sickness. After all of us entered the room, Samiha Aunty just passed me and Nysha Apu a weak smile. We all were settled in their room when suddenly Samiha Aunty told me and Nysha Apu to leave the room as she wanted to talk with them in private. We silently got out of the room and then we settled in the living room. It was very boring to be seated at the living room all alone when there was no one at their home probably. Only servants working that's it. It was pitch silence at their home"

"Then what happened?"

"Forty minutes later, the doorbell rang , a maid opened the door and Nahian Bhaiya came inside and quickly made his way to his mother's room. He didn't even looked at us"

"What happened after Nahian came in?"

"After five minutes, Nahian Bhaiya came, Ammu and Abbu took me and Nysha Apu in a corner. They stated that Samiha Aunty wants to get Nysha Apu married to Nahian Bhaiya right now. The reason is that Samiha Aunty has been very sick lately and she's afraid that if she passes away from this world suddenly and after her demise, what will happen if Nahian Bhaiya doesn't marry anyone? As you perhaps know, Nahian is twenty eight years old right now and for now he refuses to marry anyone and Samiha Aunty is very worried about it. Which is why she wanted to get her youngest son's Nikkah done right now"

"WHAT THE HECK? HOW CAN THEY LITERALLY WED OFF MY SISTER TO ANYONE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION? WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT?"

"Well, Ammu and Abbu begged Nysha Apu to agree to marry Nahian Bhaiya as Samiha Aunty is very sick and what if she leaves the world suddenly! They also said that Nahian Bhaiya is a very good guy he will take care of her and etc. Nysha Apu denied to marry Nahian Bhaiya at any cost but at the end her efforts were all in vain as anyways she was married off to him without her consent. You know Bhaiya, it's the year 2023 but they literally didn't even let both of them talk to each other. Just like how weddings used to be done in 1990's, exactly the same way they got married in a jiffy. They just called the Qazi and got their Nikkah done in a second"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE, WHAT THEY DID TO MY SISTER? DO I EVEN PLAY A ROLE IN HER LIFE? HOW CAN THEY TAKE ALL THE DECISIONS OF HER LIFE WHEN HER BROTHER IS ALIVE?"

"Exactly, ever since we have came back from there Nysha Apu locked herself in the room and is crying brutally. Bhaiya, I am afraid now! What if Ammu and Abbu does the same thing to me?"

"Nishi nothing will happen like this don't worry! Me and Shanaya are coming to Dhaka tomorrow so don't worry!"

"Okay, Allah Hafiz!"

"Allah Hafiz!"

So, guys Nysha and Nahian's Nikkah has been done! Till next time, Allah Hafiz guys!