Chapter 6

22 BBY, Month 6

Looking at a data pad a young Jedi sighed at the numbers and information given to him

Looking at a data pad a young Jedi sighed at the numbers and information given to him. His orange hair stood out among the clones in the dim cruiser. He was promoted to Jedi Knight right when the war started. He was conflicted with the way of the Jedi.

Why fight for the people when they are keepers of the peace?

"General we have an incoming transmission." He turned to see Admiral Vesper with a look on his face.

Scanning the front bridge with the clones working, he veered to the holotable in the back of the bridge close to the exit. Placing down his tablet, his eyes veered around the cruise. Metal all around made him yearn for the forest world of Kashyyyk—the radiant green leaves, the soft soil beneath him, and how everything felt calm.

"You took your sweet time."

Broken out of his thoughts, his blue eyes looked at Lexi who had her arms crossed over her chest. Shaking his head amused, the irritated expression stayed with the girl.

"And impatient as ever I see. So Kamino didn't help at all with that, noted." A scowl appeared on the girl's face before taking a breath.

Sylvain observed while Lexi tapped her foot repeatedly, her eyes scanning around. He was unsure about this sudden transmission call. She was on Kamino and he was doing a base operation for a planet. Chairmen Chi Cho wanted to protect the people in case of a sudden attack.

Something didn't sit right with that. People living in fear.

"Kamino helped... it's just weird seeing clones everywhere I turn. No Jedi in sight." Lexi sighed heavily with a scowl appearing. "I completed a mission given to me."

Cocking his head to the side, Sylvain didn't know she was taking missions over there. "How did it go?" He inquired curious as to why she went on the mission.

"It went successfully. Gave the information to Master Obi-Wan and reported to the council." Lexi tells the male. A frown appeared on her face before disappearing. Catching on he didn't say a word on it.

"I'm glad it went well," Sylvia spoke cautiously, arms crossed over his chest. "How are you holding up?"

Her eyes widen, her jaw clenched slightly with her arms placed on her hip. "I'm fine." Her voice increased, telling him everything he needed to know.

"You know I'm here. Don't confide yourself in the darkness. Open up to those around you." His blue eyes darkened slightly at the pain she may be going through. It's been half a month since she lost her master.