Chapter 3

22BBY Month 6

Lexi stared at the rain that poured down from the dark sky above them

Lexi stared at the rain that poured down from the dark sky above them. Lightning struck the water, the wind was hard and rough. Her eyes moved away from the water and to the interior of the hangar. Tapioca City was an odd area to be in. The way it rained all day, the Kaminoans, clones. Deep in thought, Lexi sensed a presence and finally noticed movement. Relaxing when a familiar face came into view. Bite smiled at the Jedi and stood next to her to stare into the endless waters surrounding the facility.

"You can't be stuck like this forever. Commander one day you will be an amazing Jedi the order has seen. A general worth fighting next to." Bite spoke randomly. The topic surprised her making her look to the clone tropper with bewilderment. Bite had a toothy smile on his face when meeting the gaze of the young Jedi before him. Not sure how to reply to that statement, Lexi nodded in confusion.

"What do you want?" Lexi finally asked making Bite shake his head. His light eyes stared into the dark sky not saying or replying to her. Bite was an odd clone, speaking when he wanted or wouldn't speak at all. Now he stayed quiet as if in his little world.

Bite stared into the distance as if thinking hard about something in his mind. Lexi sensed he was thinking too much, but what she didn't know. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she sent a smile to the male who smiled back.

"It's weird. Finally, I was in battle after so many years of training. I have seen many brothers die in this war. I don't want to lose my squadron." The man spoke making Lexi recall the Cosmo Squadron made of the five clones.

Hex, Winter, Reed, Jinx, and Bite were together. One unit that passed their examination to join the battle. Fighting along her and Master Das's side through the war. Each gave her something to smile about with the personalities of all. They had a characteristic unique despite being clones. Jinx passed away so leaving our members in the squadron.

Footsteps clanked on the floors, and a presence was sensed. Lexi's eyes glanced back to see a shadow figure walking over to the two. Bite stayed looking out in the distance when the person finally came into the light.

"There you two are," Hex's voice spoke from behind, the Bite turned to see him stopping with his arms crossed over his chest. Lexi smiled at the clone who had this authority in him. Something she couldn't describe. Hex judged the two like a parent. "We are resting and getting one last proper mean before setting out tomorrow at twelve hundred," Hex told them and left without another word. He turned to look once more at the two, shaking his head in a disappointed way. Bite chuckled before following his brother to the mess hall leaving Lexi alone in her thoughts.

"I will get food later," Speaking to herself the pale-skinned female stalked out of the large hangar and to her room. Sleep is what she needed after a long day of planning, talking, and assessing the situation around her. Right away she noticed the clones having tension with each other. She believed Clone Force 99 didn't leave Kamino much due to their personalities. Yet, she can be wrong with that. Maybe it was due to their differences. How they didn't follow certain procedures? Lexi was confused about how they worked and wanted to see how they grew in this war.