The Headband Returns

Some plotless smut where Katara pretty much takes the lead, teasing a blindfolded/bound Aang. Based off fanart created by @davinchykk on instagram, although I think their account may have been deleted.

"Kya, are you ready to see Auntie Suki?" Katara cooed to her one-year-old look-a-like, glancing out of the window to see Suki walking towards the door. It was mid-afternoon on Air Temple Island, the sound of lemurs chittering as they flew through the alcoves. Suki had offered to watch Kya for the evening since Sokka planned to pick up Bumi from school, figuring they could give Aang and Katara a break for a few hours. After all, Ba Sing Se University recently requested for Aang to give a lecture on air nomad culture, and Aang had been incessantly preparing. For weeks, he uttered the same phrases to his friends: "I want the next generation to remember my culture," "I can't believe there will be reporters there," "I'm so nervous I could crawl out of my skin." Katara knew that Aang could have done this presentation in his sleep. He was always a fantastic public speaker. Aang historically had a habit of over-preparing for things he cared a lot about, even though everyone knew he would be just fine.

Suki entered the door, brightly greeting Kya and lifting her high into the air. "My Kya!"

Kya smiled, her eyes lighting up at Suki's tone. She had always loved Suki.

Suki looked around the room, raising an eyebrow. "Aang's still reading?"

Katara rolled her eyes. "He hasn't left his study all day. I've brought him rice and nearly had to threaten him for him to eat."

"It's becoming borderline obsessive," Suki continued, hitching Kya onto the side of her waist. "Can't you get him to take a break? Maybe a ride on Appa or something?"

"You know how he gets. It's great that he cares so much, but I agree, it's a little obsessive." Katara sighed.

"Well, if he isn't out of his study by the time we drop Bumi and Kya off tonight, I'm personally going in there and dragging him out." Suki continued, grabbing Kya's bag of supplies. She gave Katara's cheek a peck before turning to grin at Kya, whose tiny fingers reached out to touch Suki's face.

Katara giggled. "Trust me, I'm willing to help you with that." She gave her daughter a kiss and waved as they walked out, Katara sighing with relief at the sudden silence. It felt so rare these days. If Aang were with her, he would have swept her up into his arms and kissed her on the kitchen table. Despite the peace of silence, Katara wished Aang were here to break it.

That's it, Katara thought. She was getting concerned. Working for this long could not be helping him, and she needed to do something. She made her way to the study and peered around the entrance, seeing Aang sitting on the floor and hunched over a book. His study was a rather simplistic room lined with shelves of books, ancient items, even things they've collected during their travels so many years ago. Candles created a dimly lit atmosphere which reflected a thin line of sweat over Aang's shoulder from the heat of the summer. A fountain of water made a tranquil dripping sound behind him. Aang, sitting in shorts and a single sash tied around his chest, barely flinched as Katara entered the room.

"Hey, Aang," Katara spoke warmly, hoping he would look up from his book. Maybe he would be ready for a break, and this wouldn't be so difficult.

"Hey, baby," he murmured in response, polite, but clearly expressing his desire to continue reading.

"How's the studying going?" She took a few steps closer, trying to maintain her optimism.

"I have a lot more to do, I've barely touched the meditation scriptures." He gestured towards a stack of books, Katara's eyes widening at the sheer volume of self-imposed work he had remaining.