Chapter 1✊

"Good night Grambling yall was amazing tonight Meek Mill and Dream chasers we out." Soon as the show was over I ran fast as I could to the tour bus with my mixtape in my pocket. Soon as I got to the door the body guard look me up and down. I wanted to say something rude but I swallowed my rudeness and said "I need to talk to Meek." The body guard smirked then called Meek and down the steps he came. A little nervous but I shook it off this could be my chance up out the hood of Jonesboro. "You looking for me?" Meek asked. I nodded and handed my mixtape.

"You spit kid?"Meek asked while heading in the bus. "Yeah I worked my nigga c'nyle he did my beats for me." I replied. To be honest nigga getting worried I don't know if I was sweating but I could feel the heat. "I'll call you when I listen to it here's my number." Meek said and handed me his number. I took his number and walked off so I can get a ride home. As I headed to the front I seen my nigga E car parked and waiting. "I saw you run off so I waited for you." He said. I smiled and got in soon as I did my phone buzzed.

Mama-Where you at boy?😡
Snupe - On my way mama😬

I turned off my phone and looked out the window. My life gon change forever man. Going from posting videos on the YouTube to recording in studios. I'll be able to help mama for sure. "Yo Darren you ight?" E asked turning on my street. I asked myself the same question I turned and looked at E and nodded. Soon as he pulled up I hopped out before I walked to my door I went to give E some dap thanking him and headed in.

Soon as I walked in tha door mama was all on me asking me question. "Boy I thought something happened to you." She cried. I hated to see her like that I mean pops been gone since I was four and I been in out jail cause I ain't have him in my life. So I feel ma's pain. "I went to talk to Meek Mill ma I'm fine I gave him my mixtape and he said he'll hit me up when he hears it." I told her. "Now Addarren I don't want you hoping this man is gonna hear your stuff," She warned. I just looked at her and thought about pops and the promise he made... "I think he'll have a little bit of time," I said and headed to my room. Before I closed my door she said "Alexis called she wanted to talk to you but I told her you went to Grambling so you'll call her as soon as you can," then she went to her room. I hope Meek Mill will listen to it cause a nigga tired of struggling.