Chapter 9

"Mr.C'Nyle is doing fine... he's in his room trying to recover," tha doctor said. A blessing!! I'm glad too I thought he was gonna die... just thinking bad thoughts I guess. God really made this work out for our family. "Can we see him?" Ma asked. The doctor nodded leading us to tha room. Ashley and Lex stayed in tha waiting room. I really hope nothing pops off. We walked in and seen Nyle watching Menace II  Society. We walked in slowly and closed tha door behind us. We almost was close to him until hunter started giggling. Nyle turned our way with a smile. "So yall tried to surprise me huh?" He asked. We all smiled nodding and Hunter was giggling and clapping. We all talked for a while until Ma said she had to leave because she has to go to work in tha morning. Grandma left too saying goodbye and taking Hunter with her.

Tha doctor walked in with two police officers behind him. "You're a very lucky man. Nobody would of survived that shot but you did... that's amazing."  I smiled when he said that because he was right. "Thank you," Nyle said. "Well I guess I'll leave," tha doctor said. He walked out leaving tha cops in here with us. " Young men I see that you two both were in the car at the time of the shooting," one officer. To be honest I don't trust tha ops cause of my pops and tha Trayvon Martin situation. "Yeah we was heading to my house," Nyle told him. We looked at each other then them. One was white and tha other black. Perfect combo right. "Do any of you have any idea of who would do this?" Tha other cop said. "Mane..." I paused because I know I'm going to say something rude. "No sir we do not they just came out of nowhere shooting at us," Nyle said. He leaned back in his bed and I sat on tha edge. Tha cops wrote what they needed and headed out. "Oh young men please stay save out here," tha white cop said. Then they walked out.

Okay... don't know how to take that but I'll let him slide. "Nyle I'm sorry you in here," I told him. "I feel it's my fault that those people were coming for me." I seen a look that means he was about to say something deep. "Yeah they were because nobody out here likes to see a rising star Addarren that's why you have to watch everybody even yo boy E," Nyle said. "What you mean?" I asked. He stared at tha wall then turned to me. " I got a bad feeling that dude ain't right... I heard he be talking behind yo back so I say watch him," Nyle said. His face was emotionless and I can tell he was serious. " I don't know me and him been cool since we was young I don't think he'll do that," I said then I thought maybe he would.... he only calls me when he needs me plus he tried to get with Lex when I was a Juvenile... I don't know maybe I'm tripping.

" Say what you want but you have to watch those close to you," he said getting up. I followed him he was trying to look out tha window but his leg gave up on him. He was shot in his leg and chest... and he still tryna walk. I couldn't do that I would've been fell before I even got up. We both stared out there looking over Jonesboro. " Addarren if you make out Jonesboro making it out... not only will they thank you they will praise you no matter what people do or say don't let that hustle stop your grind," he told me. I have a reason now of why I wanna rise so that my city will be shinning with me and for my family.