Chapter 8

Hunter's mama came and got him soon as ma got off.. I waved bye to hunter and he waved back. Soon he left I left to go to c'nyle's  soon as I opened tha door he was standing there grinning from ear to ear like he stole something. "If isn't tha superstar of Jonesboro," he said giving me dap. "Wassup cuz I was just about to head to yo house," I told him. "Well I'm giving you a ride there so you don't have to worry about getting robbed in tha dark," he said. "I always carry and you know that C," I said. Which is true cause you never know down here. Ma doesn't know and I'll like to keep it like that. "Yeah I know but I would rather you in tha booth then in tha streets you feel me?" He asked. I've been on a good path as of being rude and shit but other wise than that I still roll up every now and then. "Well can we get going cause my feet hurt standing yo porch nigga," he laughed. I laughed then closed tha door locking it behind me.

We got in tha car and looked at each other laughing. We always do that and we never know what we laughing bout. We pulled of onto tha highway and we stopped at a light. "Mane.. I never thought a nigga would be signed mane," I said. He laughed and said "Neither did I but you deserve it." Right then two cars pulled on both sides and started shooting. We both just ducked down until It was over. I got out and checked my self to see if I was hit. I wasn't but I didn't see C'nyle get out. "You okay C?" I asked running to his side. "Yeah I'm fine I got shot twice call for help," he replied. I called for the ambulance and told them where we were then waited for them to get here.

"They're on there way just hang on ight,"I told him. 5 minutes passed and they finally showed up. I helped C out and on to tha bed. The paramedics put him in tha back of there truck and I hopped in closing tha door. I looked at cuz... he was a breathing with tha mask while everybody  was trying to keep him alive till we make it to tha hospital. We made it there quick I hopped out and followed them into tha building. "Son you'll have to stay in tha waiting room while he's in surgery," the doctor told me. I nodded and went to sit in tha chairs. Who would do that to us... C don't mess with nobody bruh... but they wasn't coming for him they was coming for me but why?

What if that person tried to come back and finish their job... I texted ma,lex,and Ashley to meet me at tha hospital. I waited and waited and all of them walked in. Ma ran to me hugging me tight. "Boy I thought I lost you," She said with her eyes full of tears. "They got C ma not me," I said looking down. Ma rubbed my back and I looked up and saw Lex holding Hunter who was reaching for ma. She grabbed him and walked to call grandma. "Are you okay?" Ashley asked. "Yeah I'm ight," I said. We all sat in slience. Ashley and Lex used to be best friends until she started messing around with me. Now they hate each other. "How long are we going to be up here?" Lex asked. "Don't know he in surgery," I told her. "It usually takes hours," Ashley said. I looked at Ashley and gave her that don't start look.

"Thanks but I didn't ask you," Lex replied. I already know this about to take a turn for tha worst. "Well I was just letting you know," Ashley said. "Like I said Bitch I didn't ask you," Lex said standing up. Her temper was bad especially on her monthly. "You calling me out my name hoe?" Ashley asked. " I sure did... and why in tha fuck are you here?" Lex asked. "Yo man asked me to be here trick," Ashley responded. She looked nonchalant about tha whole thing. " Oh so you still fucking her after you told me you won't," Lex said with her full of tears. I got up and tried to wrap my arms around her.

She pushed me off. " C'mon mane not this old bullshit I'm not even fucking ha," I said. "Not yet!" She exclaimed. "Stop crying damn," Ashley said. Lex went over to her and punched tha shit out of her. After that hit Ashley got up and jumped on her. I ran to pull them apart but I got hit in tha process. I'm glad ma and grandma walked in cause they helped me. Ma had Lex and grandma had Ashley. They still was trying to go at it but my moms and grandma calmed them down. After that tha doctor walked. "Are you guys who brought a gentleman named C'nyle in?" He asked.
We all nodded and tha doctor looked down. Oh no....