Day 1 of Cruise Week

Shelcy | Monday

At 6:00 a.m., my phone's alarm went off, so I turned off the alarm, hopped out of bed, and went downstairs for breakfast. When I saw my mom in the kitchen, there was a plate of triangular waffles with caramel sauce, raspberries, and whipped cream sitting on top of the table. Also at the table, Mom was eating French toast and some sliced apples while Dad was also eating waffles.

As I was eating my waffles, I told Mom and Dad about the fun activities Kiana and I were going to do on the cruise, such as trying out the water slides, sitting in the hot tub, visiting the spa center, and maybe going to the indoor gymnasium. As Mom was eating her French toast and apples, she also had the idea of relaxing in the spa or sitting in the hot tub, too. She also said she was going to play a game of lacrosse that is at the top of the ship. I thought lacrosse sounded like a fun activity, so I'll be sure to do that once we arrive on the ship. Dad said that he'll be either at the casino or the arcade, depending on what he plans to do.

After I got full from my waffles, I drank a glass of water and went upstairs to brush my teeth and change into my summer clothes.

After I put on my summer clothes, Mom and Dad brought all the luggage downstairs. I also took my sunglasses and cell phone with me, and the three of us waited outside until a van arrived to take us to the port where the cruise was.

Eleven minutes later, a forest-green van approached our neighborhood, and the driver who was driving it assisted us in putting our luggage in the van's trunk. Then, my dad paid the driver the fare so he can drive us to the port. But before the van driver took us to the port, Mom informed him that Kiana and her family were coming with us, too, so she told him Kiana's house address. Then, he drove to Kiana's home to pick up her and her family.

As we arrived at Kiana's residence, the driver helped Kiana and her family put in their luggage -- including Kiana's windsurf and Lynnette's water skis, which made the van's mass a lot heavier. Then, Kiana's mother paid the fare, and Kiana's family got in the van and buckled their seatbelts, and the van driver drove us to the port, where he mentioned that it would take one hour and fourteen minutes to arrive. So I bet it would bother neither me nor Kiana because we can sleep for 74 minutes despite the sound of cars, trucks, and other vehicles honking and beeping.

About 50 minutes later, about the part where I said Kiana and I could sleep for the entire trip despite all the noisy vehicles, I guess I was wrong because we heard about eight cars honking and beeping at the same time, as we were stuck in a traffic jam.

Apparently, the thing that was causing the traffic jam is because a brown farm truck -- which was at the front -- had dropped two crates of fruits, and the crates made the fruits spill out and are also broken. Because of all the cars and vans in the way, neither Kiana nor I can tell if the fruits are peaches or nectarines. In fact, I don't even know why I am mentioning the fruits that dropped out of the crates.

Now, we may not get to the port on time for our cruise trip. Suddenly, my dad suggested that we ought to help the person who owns the brown farm truck pick up the fallen fruits. Just from hearing that, my dad's suggestion sounded pretty odd, but there was no other choice. However, my mom said she'd just stay in the van with Lynnette. So, my dad, Kiana, her parents, and I unbuckled our seatbelts and carefully made our way to the driver of the farm truck, as we didn't want to bump into any of the cars and vans.

As we approached the farm truck driver, he asked us if we had some spare boxes or crates. Unfortunately, we didn't have any boxes or crates with us, but on the bright side, we saw someone else come to the rescue. We saw a truck driver come out from a massive truck carrying a large, empty crate that was about large enough to fit four square-shaped pillows.