Day 5 of Cruise Week

Shelcy (cont'd) | Friday

It was 1:00 in the afternoon on our fifth day on this cruise, so Kiana and I chose to relax in the cruise's lounging area, where there was nobody else but us and a woman writing something on her laptop. It was no surprise to me or Kiana that our cruise trip was almost over, so while we were sitting, I asked Kiana about what her experience on this cruise was like.

She said that the voyage had been peculiar, but she also stated that she had a great time. From my perspective, I had to agree with what she said because it was weird when my mom and I encountered the poisonous dart frogs and viper back in The Bahamas, as well as the whole kettle of falcons that were chasing us yesterday.

Since the cruise will be stopping at the port tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., Kiana and I had to make these last 26 hours the best time yet. Kiana suggested that we should go back to the pool at the top of the cruise.

Once we went to our rooms and changed from our regular clothes to our swimwear, we headed up to the top of the cruise to swim in the pool and relax. But by the time we got to the pool, it was already crowded with many people playing a game of volleyball, some of the kids in the pool were doing some pool noodle jousting, and I even noticed a young woman was sitting on the side of the pool strumming her ukulele. Both Kiana and I didn't mind about the woman with her ukulele, so we got into the pool without bumping into anyone.

But as Kiana and I were about to relax, a young boy and his big brother (who seemed to be in his late teens) started a conversation with us. The boy's older brother's name was Herman, and he asked me if I liked cooking (which didn't seem much of an unusual question, so I answered it anyway). I answered his question by saying, 'Sure', in an uncertain tone.

Herman informed me at 5:30 p.m., the chefs in the fancy restaurant will be letting teenagers -- like me and Kiana -- and young adults work in the kitchen as a temporary job. Come to think of it, working in the fancy restaurant's kitchen seemed like a good idea. So, I told him that Kiana and I will inform our parents about this, and hopefully, they'll agree.

As our conversation ended, I caught the volleyball the people were playing with, so I punched it back to them. In fact, when I punched the volleyball, one of the people on the other side of the net caught it perfectly in his hands. So, I decided to join the other people in their volleyball game, and I was having real fun.

Kiana

While Shelcy was having fun playing volleyball, I began to wonder where Lynnette was. So, I exited the pool and went to see if Lynnette was up here. Just then, I found Lynnette inside the lacrosse court competing against a person who is about her age. I tried to wave to her, but she was too busy trying to win, so I decided to get myself a banana split.

As I went to the stand where it sold banana splits of unique flavors, I asked for one with rocky road ice cream, wafer cookies, huckleberries, and grape jam. After one of the men in the stand gave me my banana split, I went to one of the lounge chairs near the pool so I can relax and eat.

As I was about to take my second bite into my banana split, one teenager in the pool asked me what flavor was it. I told him what the flavor of my banana split was and what toppings were added to it. Then, the teenager exited the pool and went to get a banana split that was the same as mine.

Shelcy

Later, when it was 5:25 p.m., I went to the fancy restaurant's doors and Herman was standing in front of one of the restaurant's flowerbeds. He was dressed in a white, long-sleeved shirt; wearing a dark red necktie; maroon slacks; and fancy dress shoes. The clothing I was wearing was the periwinkle dress I wore on the first night of Cruise Week.