Day 2 of Cruise Week

Shelcy | Tuesday

By the time it was morning, the time was now 6:19. So, I changed out of my sleepwear into my summer clothes and went into the bathroom to comb my hair to make it neat and straight, and then I tied it back into my casual ponytail hairstyle. As I put on my slip-on sneakers, I took my phone with me and went to an elevator so I can go to the cruise's diner to eat breakfast.

At the moment I reached the elevator, there was a line of people waiting there. So, I decided to take a different one to get to the upstairs diner. After taking the elevator, I could see the cruise's diner was crowded with people. Similarly to when there was a line for the elevator I tried to take a few minutes ago, the lines here in this diner were longer. However, the people in the lines are moving pretty fast, which doesn't seem to be a problem since I don't have to spend five or more minutes waiting to get what food I want.

So, I got in one of the lines; grabbed a plate, fork, spoon, and cup; and followed the line so I can serve myself some tasty food for breakfast. As the line was still moving fast like a conveyor belt in a factory, I thought quickly with my mind of what food I should add to my plate.

First, there were dispensers for cereals and drinks. So, I poured some orange juice into my cup and added some ice. After I got past that, next came a bar for hot breakfast foods. So, I added an egg sandwich and half a slice of ham onto my plate.

Next, there was the bar for dairy, fruits, and various breads -- like bagels, baguettes, banana bread, and muffins. So, I grabbed a plastic cup with slices of pineapples and kiwis, and I also picked a pecan muffin.

Luckily, the breakfast -- including the lunch -- served on this cruise is free. After I got everything I wanted, I went to sit at a booth where I can get a view of the rising sun and the ocean. As I sat down, I picked up a salt shaker and sprinkled some salt on my slice of ham. I also used the pepper shaker and sprinkled some pepper in the middle of my egg sandwich.

As I ate half my sandwich, I saw my mother arrive at the table with frittata and a star-sprinkled brownie on her plate. As she sat down with me, she informed me that at noon, the first destination the cruise will be stopping at was The Bahamas.

To be honest, The Bahamas sounds like a fun place to explore. There, Kiana and I could have some fun windsurfing under the sun.

As I finished eating my breakfast, I put my dirty plate and empty cup on top of a trash can and went back to my family's dorm.

By the time it was 11:58, the cruise ship had arrived at the port at The Bahamas. Before the ship arrived there, I changed into my swimwear, applied some sunscreen, put on some strapped sandals, and put a sunhat on my head. Before my parents and I exited our dorm, my mom made sure to bring clean clothes for all three of us once we were finished doing fun activities in The Bahamas.

My parents and I exited the dorm, and we kept walking until we got to the door where we can get onto the port and explore The Bahamas. As we got to the port, we saw Kiana, her sister, and her parents, too.

As we stepped down the steps, we began to walk across the concrete platform to the beach. I can tell this island feels like paradise because of the smooth sand, the sun's rays reflecting on the water, and all the palm trees' leaves blowing in the gentle breeze.

Just then, Kiana walked up to me with her windsurf and asked if I wanted to try windsurfing. Honestly, I'd never done a water activity such as that before, but I suppose there could be no harm in doing my best at it. As we both took off our sandals and went into the water, Kiana said she'd let me have the first turn at windsurfing since I wanted to give it a try. So, I hopped onto Kiana's windsurf, I held on tight to the bar, and Kiana gave me a push.