Day 6 of Cruise Week

Shelcy | Saturday

At 4:05 a.m., while I was still sleeping, I heard my phone vibrate, meaning Kiana had texted me something. I rubbed my eyes, tied my hair into a ponytail (which turned out to be messy), and read Kiana's text. Her text message read, "Hey, Shelcy! Wake up! Even though it's super early in the morning, my dad, Lynnette, and I are having a dance party at the top of this cruise! Come join us! Your friend, Kiana."

I thought to myself, "What kind of cruise would hold a dance party this early?", but I decided to have a great time with Kiana, her sister, and her dad.

So, I went into the bathroom, combed my hair to make it perfectly straight, changed out of my sleepwear and into my casual clothes, put on my slip-on shoes, and took the elevator to the top of the cruise.

Before I left my dorm, I whispered to both my mom and dad and told them I wouldn't be gone for long.

My mother responded softly, "Sure, go ahead and have fun with your friend."

I walked cautiously down the hallway to avoid waking anyone who was still having their beauty sleep.

The closer I got to the dance party, the louder the music was getting. I was about to cover my ears so the sound systems' music wouldn't damage my hearing, but then I realized the music wasn't playing so loud because it sounded like the DJ had adjusted how loud the music was playing.

The moment I reached the dance party, Kiana grabbed me by the arm, took me to the glowing dance floor, and we began to dance together to the rhythm of the music. People were cheering for us because of our awesome moves, so I decided to dance a little more by coming up with some dance moves of my own.

While everyone was dancing, a fourteen-year-old girl was at the DJ's turntable, and she was wearing a flat cap, some bling, two bracelets with one bracelet on each wrist, a varsity jacket, and some sneakers that glow in the dark. About the teenage rapper's hair, it was tied in a long plait and her hair was full of sparkles.

Her name was Mighty Heidi, but her actual name was Heidi. When Mighty Heidi finished syncing her wireless microphone's Bluetooth to the sound systems, she began to rap her newest hit. It turns out that everyone enjoyed her music and danced along to the rhythm. Neither Kiana nor I ever went to a concert (or dance party) with a rapper who is an eighth or ninth grader, but we were having the night of our lives -- especially Kiana's dad because he wanted to impress the crowd with his breakdancing skills.

Whether it comes to rapping, music styles, or breakdancing, it just goes to show that pop culture has lots of cool things in store.

By the time it was 2:50 p.m., my family, Kiana's family, and the many other guests were excited to get off this ship and head back home. So, on a scale from zero to one hundred percent, my score would be somewhere between 90 and 100 because sometimes on a cruise adventure, you may never know what surprises might come your way -- especially if it involves poisonous dart frogs, vipers, or any other harmful animal. After all, our universe in this century has many things we won't expect.

In Kiana's opinion, her score was somewhere in between 90 and 100, too. She also said that her two favorite parts of this adventure were when we played laser tag in the cruise's arcade and solved jigsaw puzzles in the cruise's library.

By the time we boarded off the cruise, exited the port, and got picked up by the same man who drives the forest-green van, he drove us back to our homes. As the man started driving, my family and Kiana's family all removed our wristbands as we didn't need them anymore.

Twenty-five minutes later, I received a phone call from Jackie-Anne. As I answered her call, she informed me that her family -- including Jessica and Madison -- were going on a cruise with Jane, Kendra, and their two moms. However, the van that her family and Jane and Kendra's family were in got stuck in a traffic jam. While they were stuck in that traffic jam, she began to tell me the plans on her list when her family, Jane, Kendra, and their two moms board the cruise. I could possibly guess they will have a fun time, too.

But before Jackie-Anne could end the phone call, I informed her that in case when her family and Jane and Kendra's family go to The Bahamas, St. Lucia, or any other island, I informed her to beware of any animals that might harm them.

So, to wrap up this story, if you've never been on a cruise before, be sure to have a bucket list, and don't forget to make the adventure the experience the best one in your lifetime!

The End