Day 4 of Cruise Week

Shelcy | Thursday

It was 7:31 in the morning, and now that the cruise's top floor was mopped clean -- all thanks to one of the cruise's custodians -- Kiana and I were wearing our swimwear, and we could now have some fun under the sun at the top of the cruise.

The first thing we chose to do was ride on one of the water slides. As we carefully rushed up the stairs -- which were still slippery since there were little water puddles -- we were heading for the orange water slide. Luckily, Kiana and I are the first ones to ride the slides.

As the lifeguard was sitting on his foldable chair, he allowed me to go first. So, I sat down, held onto the metal bar tightly, and quickly released myself to slide down the water slide as fast as if I were sledding down a snowy mountain. It felt so sublime to feel my braided hair blowing in the wind as if I were in a convertible car. As I got closer to the bottom of the slide, I put on my goggles fast since I didn't want any water to get into my eyes.

As I reached the bottom, I created a big splash of water. That ride was so fun, I wanted to go again. So, I wrung the water out of my hair, cleared my goggles, and got in line behind seven people who were in line to ride on the water slides, too.

After I rode to the bottom of the light purple slide -- where Kiana was waiting for me -- I created another big splash, causing Kiana to get wet. After Kiana wrung the water out of her hair and cleared her eyes to get the water out, the next thing we chose to do was to relax in the pool.

The moment we got to the pool, there were at least 55 people-- including their kids-- having a blast. Some of the kids in the pool brought water blasters that their parents bought from this cruise and began spraying water in other people's faces. Kiana saw two twin girls playing a game of volleyball, which seemed like a fun thing to do. Then, both of us stepped into the pool so we could swim and relax.

While we were sitting in the pool, I saw Kiana joining a conversation with some teenage boys -- plus a teenage girl who was about her age.

While she was talking to her new (but temporary) friends, I decided to lie down and float above the water. After floating above the water for five minutes, I wanted to taste what the banana splits sold on top of this ship tasted like. So, I stepped out of the pool and went over to the stand that sold banana splits.

As I went over to the food stand where the workers sold banana splits, I noticed the menu and saw there were other combinations for them. So, I told one of the guys at the stand that I wanted a banana split with hot fudge, crumbled cookies, mint chocolate ice cream, cheesecake ice cream, and ube ice cream.

It only took a few minutes for the guy to finish my order, and once he was done, he offered me a plastic spoon and a napkin. Then, I thanked him and went to a lounge chair near the railings so I could relax under the sun and eat my ice cream.

As I took the first bite into my banana split, it tasted really good. I believe the hot fudge and the crumbled cookies were mostly what made my banana split taste delicious.

Kiana

By the time it was 2:54 p.m., the cruise docked at the port in St. Lucia. From my perspective, St. Lucia sounded like a fun place to visit because Shelcy and I could do ziplining, go horseback riding, and maybe have a relaxing time on the beach.

After my family, Shelcy's family, and about a couple more families were boarding off the ship so we could explore St. Lucia, I was gazing at the wonderful view of the sun shining its rays on the water. In the water, I saw a flock of ducks swimming and some seagulls standing on the log posts.

As I followed my family as they were catching up with everyone else, there was a tourist guide in a huge jeep that had a giant wagon connected to it. Honestly, this moment has to be the first time I ever saw a tourist guide riding in a jeep that was strong enough to carry a giant wagon. The wagon was about as large as a vegetable garden in someone's backyard.