Pt. 4

It had been about two months of me living in Hakensack now and my father had started seeing a woman, which was moving in.

Her name is Lauren, she has long black hair, she looks younger than my dad but not to much younger. My dad and mom were young when they had me so my dad was only 36.

She was very nice and I didn't hate her or anything but I was just hurt about my father replacing my mother so quickly.

"I'm so excited to move in here!" I heard her yell from downstairs.

"Where's your daughter?" She asked.

"Oh, she's upstairs I think she's going to meet some friends in a bit." My dad replied.

"I can't wait to meet her, I hope she likes me." She said.

"Y/n's a very loving girl, I'm sure she'll love you." I heard my dad say.

Hearing my dad say that made my heart feel happy.

"Y/n, sweetheart come downstairs!" My dad yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled, as I hurried down the steps.

"You must be y/n, im Lauren." Lauren Said.

There is something about Lauren that is just so welcoming, I couldn't hate her even if I tried.

"Yes, I am it's so nice to finally meet you Lauren." I said, kindly.

"Y/n, why don't you go out while me and Lauren move her things in?" My dad said.

"Yeah, I told Jake we would hang out so just text me when you guys are done or need any help." I said.

"Bye, sweetie." My dad said.

"Bye, y/n it was great meeting you." Lauren said.

"Bye guys." I said as I walked out the door.

——-

The weekend was over now, most of Saturday I was out with Jake but on Sunday I spent a lot of time with my dad and Lauren.

Lauren was really sweet and I found out she has her own business which she makes a lot of money from.

plus my dad seemed to be really in love with her.

When I slammed my locker shut I was surprised to see Jake there standing anxiously, which startled me a bit.

"Hey y/n, sorry I scared you." He said.

"It's alright, you seem anxious, is everything okay?" I asked.

He shrugged, "not really, my family wants you to come to our family dinner tonight." He said.

"Wow, im honored, but how does your family know who I am?" I said.

"Well, my aunt and uncle said junior mentioned you, and my dad found out." Jake admitted.

"I'd love to meet your family, I'll just have to check with my dad and Lauren it see if it's okay." I said.

I barley knew junior so why did he even talk about me?

"Just so you know, y/n, this will be a million times more awkward than any family dinner you've ever had." Jake said.

"My family tends to be weird honestly." Jake added.

"How weird can they really be?" I asked jokingly.

"You'll see." He laughed.

"And maybe you'll get to get to know junior better and and see him for the jerk he is." Jake Joked.