Pt. 6

The next morning my dad woke me up, "y/n, I don't want you late for this flight." He said.

I remained quiet and got out of my bed, I didn't plan on speaking to him for a while.

He sighed, "you know, you'll have to talk to me eventually." He said.

I crossed my arm in annoyance before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs, then leaving the house.

On the drive to the airport I decided to text jake.

Jake

Hey why aren't you at school?

Y/n

I got in trouble for last night I have to Live with my grandparents for a month,
I'm so mad at my dad.

Jake

I'm sorry y/n, it will get better, I promise.

Y/n

Hopefully, but I have to go, bye Jake.

Jakes pov

I felt really bad for y/n, I mean as her best friend I wanted her to be okay. She hadn't shown up to school and class wouldn't start for another 25 minutes so, I just stood by my locker scrolling through my phone.

Then, junior, my cousin had approached me at my locker, alone, without lexy.

"Where is your friend, y/n?" He asked me in a venom-like tone.

I simply sighed, "y/ns gonna be gone from Hackensack for a while, she's going to stay with her grandparents." I started.

"Why do you Care?" I asked.

He was quiet for a little while before he admitted, "I was worried about her, I care about her." He started.

"But I swear to fucking god Jake if you tell anyone, you're dead." He continued.

After hearing this I felt a little concerned for y/n, why did junior care about y/n? What kind of weird, fucked up plan did he have?

Protectively I replied, "I won't, I also won't let you hurt her."

Junior laughed, "whatever, you're trying to do Jake, maybe you know, try to have y/n all to yourself but, I'm not stupid." He said as he began to walk off.

I was left shocked as he walked away, junior of all people should know I'm gay, if he thought I was trying to be more than friends with y/n he was very wrong.

But I was trying to be more protective of y/n, I couldn't let her heart be ripped to shreds by junior.

This was concerning to me, a big red flag but what could I do? Who would believe me? No one.

I knew juniors secret, and I wasn't going to say a word for y/n's safety, for now, anyway.

"Jake!" I heard a voice yell from the distance.

I turned around to see Devon and let out a small laugh once I turned around.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied.

"Have you see y/n? I need to talk to her." Devon asked.

I sighed, "she told me she has to stay with her grandparents for a month." I answer.

"Why?" Devon asked concert as we began walking to class.

"Maybe it was my fault, cause of that party last night." I answered.

"Oh and have you noticed how weird juniors been recently?" I asked.

Devon looked anxious, before nodding his head.

"Yeah, I Hope he's okay." Devon said.

Back to y/n

when I entered my grandparents home I felt a deep rage for my dad and Lauren.

"We are so happy to have you here, y/n." My grandma said.

"Me too, it's great to see you guys." I said.

My grandpa went in for a hug, "during this month, we registered you for a new school, you'll start next week." He said.

I did not want to be the new kid again, but I also didn't want to disrespect my grandparents so, I just shut my mouth.

"Let me show you to your room sweetie." My grandma said as she grabbed one of my bags off the ground and started to walk upstairs.

"Do you like it?" She asked as she opened the door to a spacious sort of empty room.

I smiled and nodded, "I love it, grandma and I hope I didn't cause you any trouble staying here." I said.

"Oh no, of course not sweetheart." She answered.

I smiled as I sat my bags down on the ground.

"Well, I'll give you some time to settle in." She said.

I nodded my head, as she began walking out of the door, shutting it behind her.

While I was unpacking I used that time to think about my dad and Lauren.

I really shouldn't even be mad at my dad what I did was my decision and I should have to live with the consequences.

Lauren on the other hand, I didn't hate her I was just mad, because of how she was trying to play the mom role when she should've just stayed out of it.

The night went by quick and before I knew it, it was morning.

When I woke up and got ready, I decided to call Jake, he was being very sympathetic to my situation.

I adored Jake, as my best-friend of course.

"I'm really sorry, about everything." Jake said.

"And I Hope you can come back soon, we all really miss you, well besides junior and lexy, but besides them we all do." Jake added.

I laugh, "thanks for making me feel better, I'm so thankful to have such great friends." I say.

I knew Jake was smiling back in Hackensack, he liked the thought of comforting me, it's nice to have a friend as good as him.

——————————-
End of chapter
Word count: 942