Chapter 6

Anna POV:
Gemma's hands gripped the steering wheel of her Escalade tightly as she drove to this house Jax bought. I could sense that there was a tension between the two of us as the car was silent.

I adjusted myself in the seat as she looked over and finally let one of her hands fall off the steering wheel and to rest her elbow on the side window of her door.

"What's wrong?" I asked suddenly as she looked over at me and took a deep breath.

"Nothing sweetheart." She said hesitatingly.

I rolled my eyes and looked out of my window and took a deep breath. "You just seem hostile or something." I mumbled and she stopped at a stop light.

"I was worried about you. It makes me wonder if it's a bad-" I cut her off early.

"Idea for me to be in the club?" I asked and she put her foot on the gas and I was taken aback.

"To be around the club and Jax." She said softly and my eyebrows scrunched together as she said this. This statement drew me for a curveball and I thought she liked having me around.

"I thought you wanted me to be in the club." I said with a tinge of hurt in my statement.

She looked over at me with a pout and then opened her mouth to talk. "I did. That was before you got hurt."

I sighed and rested my head on the window of her car and thought of something intelligent to say. I waited a few seconds, ones of complete silence, to say something else. "So basically you don't want me around Jax because he's dangerous and if I'm not in the club I'm still close to him, which is bad. Right?" I vented.

She looked over at me and squinted her eyes at me. "I didn't say that. I just don't think that it's the best idea you've had. Being in the club." She pointed out to me.

I closed my eyes and sighed and realized that she did have a point. "Yeah I guess it was a bad idea." I said, opening my eyes and looking down at my leather kutte. Then I closed my eyes again.

"I'm just looking out for you sweetheart." She said loudly as she pressed on the gas again.

I sighed and felt a pain in the side of my head. "Yeah I know Gem." I said tiredly.

I felt a jolt in the way she turned and I was brought to the opposite side of the window and closer to Gemma. Then I heard the motors of the guys' bikes.

I looked at the house in front of us and sighed. Did she forget what her house looked like? She unbuckled her seat belt and looked over at me. "You getting out?" She asked as she grabbed her car door and opened it.

I looked at the house again and remembered that Jax bought a house. While I was in the hospital for five days. Charming isn't he?

I unbuckled my seat belt and did the same thing as Gemma and got out of my side of the car and pulled my flannel shirt down as I sighed and looked at the house he bought. I looked back at the guys who were parked in back of Gemma's car and noticed about half of them came.

Jax, obviously. Clay, Tig and Opie. The rest went God knows where. Jax took off his helmet and put it on the seat of his bike and I saw that he was wearing a "Reaper Crew" baseball cap backwards. His long hair hanging down underneath his hat.

"You like it?" He asked as he walked up to me with his special way of walking. He took his sunglasses off and placed them in the pocket of his kutte as I looked back at the two story house and back at him and nodded.

"Good because that'd be a big disappointment if you hated it." He said and I shrugged and decided to mess with him.

"Well." I said and he looked hurt and I laughed. "I'm kidding, Teller. Relax." I said kissing his cheek and taking his baseball cap and putting it on my head the right way.