9. A Private Jet?

Hello everyone! Just a quick A/N to explain myself! I'm so sorry that you all have had to wait so long for an update. Everything at school is picking up due to this being the end of senior year! As the summer rolls around, updates will be more frequent I promise! Now without further delay, here is the chapter! I made it extra, extra long for you guys!
_____________________

Recap

           As I listened to the chorus, a smile came to my face for a whole other reason as I positioned myself closer to Ryland, which didn't escape his notice. "Hey, Ryland," I said and he looked down into my eyes.

           "Yes?"

           "You can call me Rory now."
...

           Ryland looked down at me and a warm smile lit his face. He chuckled a bit and spun me around, "So, does that me you like me now, Miss Rory?"

            As he said my name, a chill went down my spine and I smirked up at him, "Don't let it go to your head, lover boy."

"...I know it ain't easy
         Giving up your heart..."

            As the song continued on, winding towards the end, Ryland and I's conversation died down. Looking up into his steely gray eyes, I couldn't help letting the small smile that had been appearing all day slip back onto my lips. He returned it, his eyes soft as they stared into mine.

            Finally, as the song came to an end, all of the guest cheered and smiled our way. Grabbing my hand, Ryland led me back to our seats. Looking down at the plate in front of me filled with steak, potatoes, peas and corn, and fresh bread, my stomach growled and I noticed just how hungry that I was. Ryland chuckled and smiled over at me as he looked down at his plate, "They spared no expense, did they?"

            "Clearly not," I said, chuckling as I took a bite of the heavenly piece of meat on the plate before me. Ryland followed suit and we drifted into a comfortable silence, listening to the music, talking and laughter of our wedding going on around us. As I watched, I could see my parents laughing and talking with Ryland's and Hayley and Axel speaking quietly to each other in the corner. I smiled lightly at the look on Hayley's face. It's been a while since I've seen that look.

            It wasn't long before I had finished eating, and decided that I should probably mingle about and actually speak to the guests that had so graciously attended my impromptu wedding. Standing up from my chair, I told Ryland of my plans, then walked away from the table.

            The first few people I came into contact with were business associates of my fathers; they smiled politely at me and congratulated me on marrying such a "handsome" and "well established" young man, and wished our marriage well. The next few people were distant relatives of mine. To be completely honest I didn't remember half of their names, but I smiled and thanked them for coming anyway.

            After making my rounds through the crowd, I finally stopped next to the wine table that had been set up. Grabbing a glass of white wine, I stood off to myself and watched the crowd again. This time, I spotted Ryland as he happily spoke to his sister. I smiled slightly at the genuine smile on his face as he regarded his sister, but was taken out of my reverie when I heard someone clear their throat next to me.

            Pulling my eyes away from Ryland, I glanced up at the unfamiliar man standing in front of me. He was tall, about Ryland's height with light green gray eyes that set me on edge. And his creepily charming smile didn't help with that.