Prologue

Ryan Steel's driver pulled up to the familiar, large iron gates of the Burke house. Two guards stood on either side of the doors, protecting the people who resided on the other side of them.

"Name please," a guard ask the driver coolly.

"Ryan Steel," he spoke up for himself from the back of the sleek, black Mercedes.

After a curt nod from the guard, the gates flew ajar, letting the car easily slip through and up towards the magnificent house of Ryan's dear friend, Everett Burke.

"I'll call when I'm finished here," Ryan said casually to his driver, Martin, then walked up the steps. He knocked only twice when a young girl, not much past her teen years came running through the doors, nearly toppling him over.

"Sorry, sir," she yelled behind her, her dark brunette waves that matched her fathers billowed out behind her.

"Careful Rory," Everett himself yelled after his daughter, shaking his head staring after her lovingly but disapproving. His eyes finally snapped over to his old friend and a smile lit his face, "Ryan!"

The men enveloped each other in a hug only long time friends could do and pulled away from each other, "How've you been, Everette?"

"Good, you know, still trying to watch out over Aurora," Everett said with a sigh. "I swear, that girl won't focus on anything but music. She is twenty one, she has got to get her head out of the clouds and be more serious."

"Funny, it's the exact opposite with my son. Ryland has done well for the company, but I worry he is a bit too caught up in it. I'm an old man, Everett, I want to retire, but I can't be settled leaving the company with Ryland."

"Well why not, you said yourself he has done well," Everett said.

Ryan nodded, "Indeed I did, but its not the company I'm worried about. I don't want my son to run himself into the ground."

Everett sighed, "I wish that Aurora would take our company that seriously. She seems to want nothing to do with it."

"Our kids," Ryan said as he and his friend laughed. Then an idea struck him. Ryland and Aurora were exactly what the other needed.

It was simple. If Ryland and Aurora were put together, Ryland would loosen up and Aurora would take her responsibilities more seriously.

"Everett my dear friend, I have a proposition for you."

"And that would be what?"

"Your daughter is the exact opposite of my son. Its perfect!"

The wheels in Everett's mind started to turn, "So what is your proposal?"

"My proposal, is that he should propose..."