Chapter 9: All Are Welcome

Aoi had barely met Tiamat, but she was eternally grateful that she was the one who adopted Sakura. After what her daughter told her about Zouken, Aoi couldn't help but burst into tears again. When Tiamat moved to comfort her, Aoi felt a warm and soothing sensation spread across her body.

When Aoi asked Tiamat what she was, Tiamat just replied with "your mother." She resolved to do more research, but for now, she was going to enjoy some time with her daughters.

"Rin," Aoi caught the attention of her daughter as she was showing her mother what she had learned with her crest. "Do you want to move in with Tiamat?"

"What? Why would I do that?" Rin tilted her head.

"You're growing up to be a fine young magus, but I can't protect you," Aoi had a somber look on her face. As much as she wished she could, she was born with no magic circuits. There wasn't much she could do. "I don't trust Kirei to protect you either, but Tiamat can. If she killed Zouken..."

"I won't go anywhere without you," Rin shook her head defiantly. "I just got you back. I'm not going to lose you again."

"If it's to keep you safe... I am willing to move with you," Aoi took a deep breath.

"But what about the manor?" Rin's eyes widened. "This is our heritage! Our birthright!"

"Your safety is more important," Aoi's determined look brought Rin pause. "I would give up the entire family fortune if it meant that you and Sakura are safe."

"I... I'll think about it," Rin muttered before looking up at Aoi with a conflicted look. "I love you, Mama."

"I love you too, Rin," Aoi bent down to hug her daughter. She could tell that Rin still wasn't used to her walking and moving her body again. "I love you too."

-

"Thank you again for everything," Aoi bowed to Tiamat. The primordial mother smiled as she saw Rin look up at her mother before mimicking her actions. It was a shame that they weren't moving in yet, but Tiamat knew it was only a matter of time before the two joined her family.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with us?" Rin asked Sakura. Tiamat looked down at the little girl in question.

"I... I want to stay with Tia—" Sakura cut herself off. "Mama for now."

"Oh, before we go," Tiamat remembered something and a smile grew on her face. "Would you happen to have a book on inner worlds?"

"Inner worlds? What do you mean?" Rin looked up at Tiamat with a confused look.

"I found that there was a world in Shirou's soul and I want to teach him about it," Tiamat explained with a monotone voice. She didn't notice the quick change of color in Rin's face. "I'm not too familiar with human magecraft... perhaps he could project his soul to this world?"

"Shirou has a... a..." Rin stuttered. Tiamat looked at Rin curiously and dived in her mind. She was only able to see two words before Rin's eyes rolled into her head and she passed out.

"Reality Marble."

-

The rest of the day passed normally, with Shirou teaching Sakura how to use the television that came with the house. Tiamat remembered the time Shirou had taught her to use the mysterious black rectangle and a smile grew on her face.

"Children, I have to step out for a little while," Tiamat floated over to the children, who were glued to the flashing lights of the Magic Mari show they were invested in. "Can I trust you to go to bed on time?"