Chapter 11: Princess

Illya was ecstatic. She didn't know what was going on, but this was the first time she has ever been outside the Einzbern estate. Everything was so... warm. Despite the fact that it was nighttime, it was way warmer than it was. She looked outside the window and there was no snow.

She had become fast friends with the boy named Shirou. She would demand he follow her around and do anything he told her to, which he did with a smile. For some reason, it bothered Sella, but Illya didn't mind.

The other girl was different, though. She never wanted to talk. Shirou said that the girl, Sakura, was recovering from something really bad. Giving Sakura space was the only thing Shirou asked of her, so Illya reluctantly complied.

It didn't take long for the woman that took her here to return. Shirou said her name was Tiamat, but everyone called her "Mama." Illya decided to call her Tiamat. Irisviel was her Mama, and nothing could change that.

"Welcome back, Mama!" Shirou instantly ran towards Tiamat and wrapped his arms around her legs.

"I'm home," Tiamat replied with a smile. Illya noted that she was still using telepathy even here. "I missed you, my child."

"Mama's home?" Sakura poked her head from the wall. Tiamat wordlessly smiled as she extended an arm towards Sakura. The girl reluctantly shimmied her way from her hiding spot into Tiamat's arms. Illya saw Sakura physically relax as Tiamat wrapped her arm around the child.

"I missed you too, Sakura," Tiamat smiled down at the girl. She rubbed the girl's head, causing Sakura to close her eyes and smile. Illya felt a pang of jealousy. It wasn't fair. These two had their mother to dote over them, but Irisviel was dead. She was gone.

"She was a great mother," Illya flinched when she heard Tiamat's voice. "I can see it. I know she's proud of you."

"What do you know?" Illya scoffed.

"As you get older, you will learn that mothers know things," Tiamat floated over and put a hand on Illya's head. The warmth of Tiamat's love enveloped Illya once more and even she couldn't resist the urge to smile again.

"F-fine..." Illya didn't believe Tiamat, but she couldn't deny that Tiamat was different. She probably knew things she didn't.

"Sella, Leysritt," Tiamat looked up at the two maids. "The Einzbern estate needs to be managed after Jubstacheit's death. Is it possible to relocate the children here?"

"There's a mansion owned by the Einzberns here in Fuyuki," Sella nodded her head. "If Acht is really dead, then the homunculi should follow the new family head, which is currently Lady Illyasviel."

"An important task for such a young child," Tiamat smiled down at Illya. Illya looked up. She expected her to offer to take the task for her. Papa always said that bad people would want to take power from those with it. "I'm happy that you have two wonderful siblings to help you out."

"S-siblings?" Illya saw Leysritt's face heat up and instantly decided she liked the thought.

"Yeah!" Illya agreed with a bright smile. "We're siblings, right?"

"Of course, Lady Illyasviel," Sella managed to keep a straight face, but her eye was twitching.

"Now, now, siblings don't address each other so formally," Tiamat gently chided. Sella pointedly looked away. "Now try that again."

"Of course, Illyasviel," Sella muttered.

"Illya!" The young girl insisted. "My family calls me Illya."