Chapter 10: Princess

It didn't take long for Tiamat to pinpoint the location of the Einzbern mansion. It took her a few guesses, but Sella's memories were enough to pinpoint an appearance, and searching for similar signatures was enough for her to confirm where it was. As Tiamat made her way to the ground, black water started to fill the ground. A large dragon burst forth from the large pool that had appeared from beneath Tiamat. It had brilliant blue scales and piercing green eyes.

"You called, Mother?" The dragon's voice was a deep baritone. His eyes shone with many emotions. Loyalty, happiness, confusion. Tiamat smiled as she looked upon her child. Gevryn was a powerful dragon that remained loyal to Tiamat. He wasn't the strongest of his litter, but he was the most level-headed.

"It is good to see you, my child," Tiamat put a gentle hand on the dragon's scales. The dragon closed his eyes and made a low rumble of satisfaction. "There is a... rather naughty child I must discipline, and I require your assistance. Your siblings don't have the finesse required."

"Who is it that I must spare?" The dragon was quick to catch on. After all, dragons were many times smarter than humans. Without a word or even a single move, Tiamat had transferred images of Sella and Leysritt into the dragon's head. "It shall be done."

"I shall go with you this time, my child," Tiamat said as she started to float.

"I am honored," The dragon dipped his head as his wings started to flap.

"Think nothing of it, young one," Tiamat said as she flicked her glowing eyes in the direction of the large manor. "How else will a child learn without an explanation?"

-

"Lady Illyasviel, it's time to get up," Leysritt knocked on the door. Ever since Kiritsugu died, Leysritt felt herself gaining more of a consciousness. Not because of the act itself, but because Illya's behavior caused Leysritt's hardwired need to protect Illya responded by developing an ego.

"Go away!" Illya shouted from the other side of the room. Leysritt frowned. Illya has been like this ever since she got the news of the death of her parents. The poor girl was devastated. She shut down and holed herself up in her room. That didn't stop Acht from continuing to modify her body. Illya's life from that point was one of pain and sorrow.

"Lady Illyasviel, I insist," Leysritt's voice was assertive, but there was a slight wobble to it. She wished Sella were here. She was much better at getting the young girl out of bed. "You have a long day ahead of you."

"I don't wanna!" Illya replied. Leysritt could only sigh. The two had this banter every single day. Leysritt could understand why Illya didn't want to get out of bed, though. Every day for her was torture.

"Lady Illyasviel, please—" Leysritt was cut off by a mighty roar. The ground shook around them and a feeling of impending doom washed over Leysritt.

"Leysritt, what was that?" Illya's voice had gone from defiant to fearful. The maid instantly kicked into gear and with a flick of her wrist, her axe was in her hand.

"Lady Illyasviel, I'm coming in. Please pardon the intrusion," Leysritt said as she hoisted her axe. With a powerful swing, the door was busted down. Illya was sitting up on her bed with the blankets still covering her legs. Leysritt dashed over to the young girl and scooped her up in her free hand.

"What's going on?" Leysritt could feel the young homunculus tremble in her grip as Leysritt made her way out the room.

"I don't know, but—" Leysritt was cut off when she turned her head. They were running down a hallway with windows every meter. As Leysritt ran, she saw a dragon flying towards the mansion with an open jaw. As it let out another roar, a voice spoke within the corners of Leysritt's mind. Despite the earth-shattering roar, the voice was calm and firm.