I'm not okay.

"Frank!" At the sound of my name my eyes opened and I quickly lifted my head off my desk to meet my gaze with my angry history teacher. My eyes widened at the situation, I had fallen asleep in class.

"I'm sorry." I sighed then scratched the back of my head.

"Pay attention." She hissed then turned and walked back up to the front of the room, the sound of her heels clicking against the tile annoyed me.

"Dude you where seriously snoozing." Pete giggled from behind me.

"Shut up! I was up late." I groaned then rested my elbows on the table to prop my head up. "I couldn't sleep." I sighed.

"Why not? If you don't mind me asking."

"I don't know." I lied.

I did know.

Some of it I was thinking about Gerard, but the majority of it was my dad. We've had several arguments these past few days. It all started when I picked a fight with him that one day last week. Our most recent argument ended with me getting a huge slap to the face.

I guess I deserved it...

I said some pretty disrespectful things, but that's the first time he's ever really been physically violent with me. I mean he's guilty of saying some pretty fucking awful things, but still.

The bell rang and I lifted from my seat. The moment I rose my head filled with pain and I gripped the back of the seat to keep me from collapsing. I squeezed my eyes shut and put a hand on my warm sweaty forehead. "Dude are you okay?" Pete asked I felt him rest a hand on my back as if it would help in the scenario of me falling over.

"Yeah I'm...no." And with that I blacked out.
~
I opened my eyes with a squint as the bright lights shun down on my face. The intense white walls seemed to reflect the light and made me want to throw up. I groaned and rolled over. I was definitely in the nurses office. The mattress I laid on was thin and covered in a a leather sheet that was covered with a thin paper that made a crinkle noise at the slightest movement you made. Also you could hear the soft murmurs of the front office ladies down the hall.

"Frank? Man, you okay?" It was Pete. I frowned at the fact that I wasn't alone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." I groaned.

"Okay well, the nurse left for a minute, she told me to stay with you." He clarified.

"I came too." I heard Lindsey add.

"Okay." I sighed then sat up and rested my face on my hands.

There they sat, next to each other on the green leather seats positioned across from my bed.

"You can go back to sleep if you want." Pete offered quietly. "How am I supposed to sleep with fucking ufo lights shining in my face." I spat.

"Someone's grumpy. Woke up in the wrong side of the bed this morning." Pete joked. Moments later the door swung open and nurse Williams walked in.

"Hello boys." She grinned with a bright smile as she walked in. Pete waved with a blush. For some reason every guy thought the nurse was hot.

People would fake illnesses just to ditch class and see her. She wasn't anything special, long orange hair, big brown eyes. Okay she's not ugly, but she's no Kate uptown or some shit.

But what do I know, I'm gay. She turned around to grab her clip board and I watched Pete's eyes drift below the equator. I then mouthed to Pete, "Aren't you supposed to be gay?"

He shot me a glare before mouthing back what I guessed was, "bisexual." I chuckled, which made her turn around. She gave me a suspicious glance that went between me and Pete before walking over and placing the back of her hand against my forehead.

"Any ideas on what happened?" She questioned seriously. I shook my head and her response was another suspicious glance. She definitely didn't believe me. "Pete, Lindsey, you may go back to class." Her tone was oddly vivacious and Barbie like again.

"But I-"

"Alright." Pete hesitantly obliged once Lynz grabbed his arm and led him out the room.

"Bye Frank." He said before shutting the door behind them.

"He's a good friend you know? Before, when I asked him to leave and he refused to till you woke up." She murmurs while writing some things on the paper attached to the clip board in her hand.

"Yeah, he is." I agreed though I've only known him about two and a half weeks. I can't believe my first day of school was already that long ago. Pete still is struggling with his problem and he's still shutting off anyone who tries to approach him about it.

"Alright, back to the matter at hand. When was the last time you had uninterrupted sleep?" She pulled her Office chair closer to my bed and sat down she crossed her legs and stared at me waiting for my reply. Either I be honest or I lie. I bit my lip as I thought, and I kept my gaze anywhere but her face. "It's not a hard question. Frank, I'm honestly quite concerned for your health." She pushed.

"I really haven't slept in two weeks." I blurted out like I was guilty of a crime.

"Why not? Is something troubling you? stressing you? Keeping you from sleep? School, friends, stuff at home?" She held out the word home like she new. I shot her a glance and the moment I did, I realized it was a mistake because I just answered her question. "Stuff at home." She restated. I awkwardly shifted around on the bed before nodding. In the corner of my mind a small part of me was screaming that this was a shitty idea. Telling her this much.

"Me and my dad have hit this rough patch. I recently moved back in with him because my mom passed-" I was about to go further but I had basically already listed my life story.

"Oh I'm sorry." Her facial expression showed nothing but sympathy.

"Thanks." I gave her a small smile that was a hundred percent artificial.

Everyone apologizes, but you know that in the back of their head their thinking 'I don't care, as long as it's not me or anyone I know. It's your burden not mine, but I'm going to apologize to make myself sound somewhat humane.' Though, Haley seems genuinely nice.

"So you're a little stressed. I'd ask more about this rough patch with you and your father, but that's the school therapists job." She babbles while scribbling on her clip board once again. What exactly was she writing? My hands began to sweat with anxiety. The last thing I want is for the school to feel the need to call my dad or something. "Next question, when was the last time you ate?"

"This morning." I answered immediately, though it was a lie. I thought of details to make my lie more believable. Then I counted back the days to the last time I had eaten. Right it was three days ago, Monday morning at Mikey's house. I want over there to hang before school and we both had a bowl of lucky charms.

"Alright what did you have?"

"Cereal." I answered confidently. She nodded them scribbled down someone things. "Well Frank. You have some serious sleep deprivation and maybe a little stress, but other than that you're fine. You should go home and get some sleep. Do you want me to call your dad?" She said the last part hesitantly knowing of our, what I called "rough patch." I shook my head.

"I've got a car. I can drive home. Besides, he's busy at work and I don't wanna bother him." I laughed on the inside cause I didn't have a car, but oh well. She nodded in agreement and got up to open the door for me. "Thanks." I said walking out.

"Sign out with patty before you go!" She called after me. I nodded and entered the room of the familiar creme colored walls of the front office and the wrinkled face that was Patty White.

"Frank." She greeted with a smile. I retuned the smile before writing my name in the paper she handed me.

"It was to see you Mrs. White." I murmured then walked out the office with my hands stuffed in my pockets.