𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

BACK TO THE BASICS

BELLA WAS A VAMPIRE AND A MOTHER TO A RAPIDLY GROWING BABY WITH THE MOST ATROCIOUS NAME; SO YEAH, EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL.

Normal, as in no one was coming to kill nor destroy the Cullens as of right now, normal.

It was hard going back to school after all was said and done, even harder when Augustine's senior year homework was already ramping up by mid October. She never thought she could get sick of the high school, because she'd longed to return to it when she first came to live with the Cullens, but it was getting to be a little too much.

Her friendship with Will was strained on her end, partly because the poor boy still had hope that his sister was out there while Augustine had a hand in killing her. The Dilaurentis boy didn't have the slightest clue about his friend's internal crisis of morality, and it was then that Augustine really knew she was a damn good liar.

School was grating on her nerves lately, especially with her lack of siblings around to keep her company; but on the bright side, a certain shifter made it his job to drive her to and from school every day.

Yeah, every day Paul hardass Lahote would grumble about how early it was when he picked her up in the mornings, only to end up insisting that he also drive her again the following morning too. It was also mere coincidence that his patrol shifts just so happened to end when the final school bell rang, meaning he was also free to drive her home.

It was a cycle, and who was Augustine to say no to him and his persistence?

Will ended up catching on after Augustine kept denying his offers to drive her home on the given days when there wasn't any football practices scheduled. He'd not so nonchalantly walked with her out of the main buildings and while he was talking about their recent calculus test, he saw her wave energetically to a boy leaning against a pickup truck.

"Is that shirtless hunk of a man the one you haven't told me about yet?" he asked, gaze narrowed her way in heightened suspicion.

Augustine failed to tell her friend about the recent progression of her relationship with Paul. They weren't by any means dating, no, because she was secretly waiting for him to pop that question still, but they were content just being them.

She knew Paul had heard her friend's teasing remark, given by the proud smirk on his face when they descended the main steps. "Unfortunately, yes," she said with a roll of her eyes. "But it's still new... ish, so—"

Augustine balanced when Will grasped her hand with a wide smile. "C'mon, you've gotta introduce me!" And then, the tall blond boy was eagerly pulling her in the direction of the shifter and all of his shirtless glory.

He pushed off the side of the car when they approached, but was quick to catch the way the blond had his hand in hers. It didn't matter what details Augustine gave him about her human friend, like the fact that he wasn't interested in girls period, because the look on Paul's face was one of discontent. He didn't like this stranger touching her.

When they got within an appropriate distance, he all but took Augustine into his arms, which effectively made Will drop her hand. The ravenette could imagine his cocky smile as she hugged him back, feeling a chuckle reverberate from his chest. "Who's your friend, baby?"