CH | 18

Mayra massaged her wrist since it turned red when the woman held it so tightly as if she wanted to crush Mayra's hand.

With a huff, Mayra wiped the invisible sweat on her forehead and muttered under her breath, "Gosh! I need to be careful with that woman, whoever she might be!"

She turned around and walked out of the venue to a coffee shop nearby and stood in line to grab a cup of coffee latte to calm her nerves.

However, luck seems to be not on her side as she saw Siya, Neha, and Aisha coming to the shop, and she almost had an urge to smack herself for coming here!

But in her defense, she didn't expect them to be here as well!

In that instant, she believed whoever said the statement enemies would often meet was true, and an irritated scowl settled on her face.

Mayra took a deep breath and decided to leave as soon as possible so that she could avoid some trouble. 

She was about to get the hell out of the coffee shop when it was finally her turn.

Seeing that, Mayra didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but she ended up paying the bill and holding the warm coffee in her hands.

Her lips curled upwards ever so slightly as the smell of caffeine clouded her senses and instantly relief filled her insides as the coffee never fails to make her happy!

However, just when she wanted to take a sip of it, Aisha pulled her arm roughly and the hot coffee fell on her pale hands, and a scream broke out from her throat with the pain, but she quickly managed to suppress it by biting her lips so hard and blew some air on the burns which were about to turn into blisters.

Seeing her pathetic state, Neha and Siya chuckled, while Aisha added, "Serves the bitch right!"

As soon as the words escaped her lips, Mayra was beyond furious, and she slapped Aisha catching the three of them by surprise.

Aisha instinctively placed a hand on her cheek and stared at her wide-eyed as she didn't expect such a response from Mayra.

Mayra herself was shocked because she was never the impulsive type, but it seemed they had indeed pushed her buttons too much and thrown her to a dead end, and she couldn't help but retaliate!

It took a minute to snap out of their daze, and Neha immediately marched towards her with an angry face. She looked as if she was fuming from the inside, and a crisp smack settled on Mayra's face while Siya sneered, "How dare you hit Aisha, slut. Today we'll show you who we are!"

With that said, they didn't give Mayra any time to react as Siya dragged her out of the shop rather harshly, despite her protests. 

Aisha yanked her hair roughly, leaving her scalp in throbbing pain, and scoffed, "Who do you think you are, bitch? Do you think we don't know what methods you used to get the job at the event? Huh?"

Hearing her words, Mayra was baffled as she didn't understand what nonsense they were speaking and tried to wriggle, but Neha held her burning cheek and pinched it cruelly, leaving Mayra in pain and tears swelled in her eyes, because it hurt her like hell!

"You slut, listen to us well. We know how cheap you are. So you better don't provoke us. Or else don't blame us for your loss then." Siya said in a venomous tone and stared at her, leaving her dumbfounded.

With gritted teeth, Mayra yelled, "You dumbasses! What else do you know except belittling me? Do you think I can't complain against you just because you had connections with professors?"

"Oh is that so? Try us then!" Neha mocked and they all chuckled, while Mayra clenched her fists so hard that her nails dug into her skin.

But Mayra didn't back off and warned, "I have many ways to make you lose face in college. So shut the fuck up and get the hell out of my way!"