CH | 59

"What are you doing, Kitten?" Ishaan asked with furrowed brows when his eyes fell on Mayra and the open bag that was lying on the bed.

Mayra didn't turn to face him and mumbled while she threw her clothes into the bag, "Packing."

"Packing?" Ishaan stressed and queried, "Packing what?"

"I'm going to my house," Mayra said while she walked to the wardrobe and picked up her clothes hastily.

Eyeing her, Ishaan pursed his lips into a thin line and strode to her in steady steps.

But before she turned on her feet to return to bed, he held her hand and pinned her onto the side wall, while a gasp escaped her lips and the clothes in her hands fell down.

"What? What are you doing, Ishaan?" Mayra managed to ask when he stared at her with his intense coffee brown pools, and her body shuddered as the domineering aura exuding from him was too much for her to handle.

"Are you leaving this house?" Ishaan asked with gritted teeth while he towered over her small frame, closing the small gap that was present between them.

Mayra licked her lips and gulped hard, "Y-yes."

As soon as she said that, he clenched his hands into fists and his jaw hardened, "why?"

"Mihir. He... he was getting discharged today, and he needs me. So..." Mayra trailed off as she didn't know what to say to him when he was looking at her as if he wanted to eat her alive, and oh no, not in a good way!

"Why can't you bring him here? I'm certain this house can handle one more member." Ishaan scowled and Mayra almost had the urge to cry, but she mumbled softly, "Ishaan. Don't do that. Mihir... how can he and I stay at your place forever? We should move out one day and it's today as he needed to recuperate."

"I can hire the best doctors and nurses for his recuperation. And this house was more secure. So, why is it so hard to bring him here?" Ishaan asked with knitted brows while a dangerous frown danced on his handsome face.

"It's not so easy. Mihir won't agree to it." Mayra muttered while the corner of her lips drooped.

"Why? Is this house not good enough or it's not to his liking?" Ishaan mocked when she glared at him, "You don't understand. No. Strike it off! You can't understand it, Ishaan."

"How can you be so sure when you didn't even let me know the reason behind it?" He countered as he was so fucking close to losing his cool and snapping at her.

Mayra inhaled a chunk of air and sunk her teeth into her lower lip, "it's complicated."

"I got plenty of time," Ishaan said calmly, but when she glanced at him, she realized he was fuming in his inside.

"Come on, Ishaan. Let it go." Mayra whined and he didn't budge, instead, he stared at her firmly making her squirm in his hold.

With a huff, she spat, "After how things ended with our mother, Mihir and I were so averse when it came to rich people. I'm afraid if Mihir were to stay here, he'd throw a fit and ugh, I can't handle him then. It would only make matters worse. So, let me go, Okay?"

With a slight pause, she added, "It's not like I'm going somewhere far. It's hardly less than a 30-minute drive for you to come to my place. What was the big deal?"

However, Ishaan pressed his lips together while his face turned black and he sneered, "What did you say? Aversed to rich people? Then you must be hating every second with me?"

Listening to his words almost gave her a mini heart attack, "What nonsense are you saying? I never said it that way."

He didn't answer while veins on his forehead popped out making her shiver as he looked like satan in human clothes, "uf, what I mean is Mihir will be so against us living together because of what happened to mom and we're just dating. It won't look good if we live together. It's ugh...."