CH | 20

After a painfully long walk with her twisted ankle, Mayra managed to reach the college gate. Her face was eerily pale, yet swollen with the slaps she received, her hair was messy, and the blisters on her hand were way too obvious to the eye.

All in all, she looked terrible!

A total mess!

As if a disaster had landed straight on her!

But they weren't bothering her in the least as the debt she owed to Ishaan was weighing her small shoulders down.

Thinking about it made her sigh as she didn't know whether she had done the good thing by making a deal with the devil!

However, as soon as she lifted her head, she saw Kumar standing in front of her and she couldn't help but frown while Kumar's eye twitched.

Eyeing her miserable appearance, his jaw dropped, but he quickly composed himself and gave a polite nod to Mayra.

Seeing the confusion on her face, "I'm here to pick you up, Ms.Kashyap. Mr. Malhotra had an emergency and he left a while ago." Kumar replied to her unasked question, and she helplessly nodded.

As soon as she heard that, relief clouded her insides and she was about to walk away when Kumar added, "Mr. Malhotra ordered me to bring you to his house, Miss."

"What?" Mayra blurted, as she thought she was hearing things but his serious face said everything, and an exasperated breath escaped her lips, "alright."

With that, she hopped into the car and closed her eyes while she leaned her head onto the headrest, as she was way too exhausted.

And all she wanted to do was go to her house and cuddle with the teddy her mother gifted and roll in her quilt till she forget all her troubles.

But it seems it was so hard to do such a simple thing as she didn't know when she can go to her house.

Her cheeks were paining, her scalp hurt so bad, her ankle had already turned purple with how much she walked, and the burning sensation in her hands hadn't reduced either, keeping her awake even though she wanted to fall asleep.

Soon, the car came to a halt in front of a luxurious villa in the suburbs. Eyeing the familiar building, she reminisced the last time when she spent a night here.

And a faint blush crept up on her cheeks despite them being already bloated.

Glancing at her stilled frame, Kumar said, "you can go in, Miss. Mr. Malhotra is in there."

"Thanks, Kumar." She mumbled since she didn't know what would she do if he hadn't handed her the check.

With that said, she turned around and limped a little while she climbed the steps and bit her lips hard to bear the agonizing pain.

As if luck was on her side, Ishaan was coming down from the steps and when his deep black eyes took in her presence, he was stunned would be an understatement.

Instantly, he growled, "stay right there!"

Hearing his sharp words, she shivered a little, and her feet immediately took a pause, while he sprinted towards her in a flash and lifted her in his arms bridal style, taking her by surprise.

"Ishaan," She muttered, unsure what she wanted to say and he hummed, while a scowl was dancing on his face as he didn't expect to see her in such a wretched state.

If he had known, then he would have waited near her college!

"What...what are you doing?" She stammered as she was pretty much embarrassed to face him in such a pathetic state.