~Forgive &&' Forget?ᥫ᭡.

Silence is a source of great strength.
-Lao Tzu 💕

1WEEK LATER
MONDAY, 15/08.

CHYNA MURRAY

Old Hope Road📍

Old Hope Road📍.

•••

As I sat in the passenger seat of my mom's car, I couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. We were on our way to Excelsior Community College, my new school, to collect some documents and information for the upcoming school year.

I Was Attending Thee, Meadow Brooke High School But I Already Did My Csec And Got 8subjects Plus 2 Cape, I Graduated But I Still Went To Their Summer School, For Fun Ig luckily I Was Finished With That.

It was summer, and I wasn't starting school just yet, but my mom wanted to get a head start on preparing me for September.

"chy chy, just a quick stop to pick up some papers and we'll be done," my mom said, noticing my expression.

Nuh Like When Shi Call Mih Suh Enu.

"Yeah, okay," I replied, looking out the window. I was still getting used to the idea of starting a new school in the fall.

As we drove, my mom asked me about my summer plans, and I filled her in on my plans to hang out with friends and family. Before long, she pulled into the KFC drive-thru to grab some lunch.

"What do you want, Chyna Bby?" she asked.

"A meal deal and a Famous Bowl, please," I replied.

After picking up our food, we continued driving for about 15 minutes before arriving at the school. The building looked modern and sleek, with a big sign that read "Welcome to ECC".

"Okay, let's get those documents and get you all set for September," my mom said, turning off the engine.

We walked into the administration office, where a friendly receptionist greeted us and handed us a packet of information and a dress code guide.

"Welcome to ECC! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out," she said with a smile.

My mom and I thanked her, and we were on our way again, documents in hand, ready to tackle the new school year in September.

•••

ASHLEY17.
Monday August 15,
3:00pm.