57. | Little Rockstars

I set my purse down on the table beside the door, sighing

I set my purse down on the table beside the door, sighing. I look down at my clothes, soaked through. God, you can see my bra through my shirt.

It's a little past eight, so Delilah should still be awake.

I feel hands from behind me, my body tensing against the touch. "Hey, baby." Andy kisses at my neck. "I put Del to bed early, so you and I could have some fun."

I shake my head, pushing his hands off. "No. I'm not in the mood for sex."

"You're never in the mood for sex." He grunts. "You never want to have sex. A man has needs."

"Well, I can't fill those needs." I try to turn around, but he pins me to the table, pressing against me.

"You know I have tried to be nice with you. I've followed your rules, I've played nice. I've played gentleman. But now I'm really fucking tired of it." His grip on my hips turns painful and I try to push them off.

"Andy, you're hurting me." I grunt.

"Am I?" His grip doesn't waver. His lips are back on my neck and I try to get him off, but he's stronger than me.

"Andy, get off." He doesn't, his hands dragging up my shirt to my breasts. "Andy, get off!" He continues on, ignoring me. "Andy!"

Scared, I reach into my purse, feeling the familiar metal on my fingertips just as he flips me around. I fire. Andy lets out a yell, stumbling away while clutching his arm. I press myself against the wall, staring down at the gun in my hands.

Oh, my god. I shot him. I shot him.

"You fucking bitch!" Andy yells.

Suddenly, there's a shadow beside me, soft hands over mine. "It's okay. You're okay." Alex's voice whispers, the gun being taken from me.

"Mommy!" A voice yells, snapping me from my daze. I see Del run toward me and I rush toward her, hauling her up into my arms and hugging her tightly.

"I can send you to jail for shooting me!" Andy yells, glaring at me.

"You were assaulting me!" I snap back.

"Hey!" Alex steps in front of me. "You don't get to look at her."

"And what are you? Her bodyguard?"

"I'm the father of the girl she's holding." I hear Alex snarl.

"Y-You're Alex? Of Soundcircus?" His voice trembles.

"Get out." He demands, pointing to the door. "You're lucky she didn't have a better shot at you or you'd be dead."

"I-I'm going. I'm going." Andy announces, then he's running out the door, slamming it behind him.

Alex turns to me and wraps his arms around us, pressing his lips to the top of my head. "You're okay." He whispers.

I wrap one of my arms around him, pressing my head against his chest. "Thank you." I whisper.

Alex pulls away and smiles at me. "I told you he didn't deserve you."

"Daddy!" Del squeals, pointing.

I smile. "Yeah, Del. I told you Daddy'd be home soon." I smile up at Alex. He holds his hands out to her and I let him take her.

"Hi, you little troublemaker." He smiles at her.

She wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." He hugs her back, and I rub my hand over her back.

Del pulls away, looking directly at him and asking, "Are you leaving?"

He smiles, then glances at me. "No. Never again." And I smile back at him. "Never, ever, my little rockstars."

"Yay!" Del squeals. Alex sets her down as she squirms and she jumps onto the couch, grabbing the remote. "Movie night! Movie night!"

I turn to Alex. "You heard her. Movie night."

"You go get changed and I'll help set up the movie." He tells, pressing a kiss to my temple. Then I walk to my room, changing out of my wet clothes and grabbing a pair of clean clothes for Alex.

Only, this time he can't get mad at me since they're his clothes.

"Here." I hand him the clothes. "Your turn."

"You kept my clothes."

"I kept everything you had." I find myself admitting. I had his clothes, his jewelry, his photos. I cleaned out that penthouse. I made sure to. And now, since he's back, he can have them again.

He changes in my bedroom while I make a bag of popcorn, then I sit down on one side of Del. Alex walks out and sits on the other side of her. His arm falls on the back of the couch, his fingers drawing circles on the skin of my shoulder.

I turn to him. "I love you." He mouths, his hand brushing my hair behind my ear.

"I love you." I mouth back, and for the first time in a long six months, I feel genuinely happy. Happy, safe, and protected.

All because of him. The man I never stopped loving. The man I will always love, no matter what happens between us.