The Plot Thickens... (Chapter 10)

And so... After a narrow escape, the boys were inside of the lobby of New Game once again, the nearly blank white space giving them a sense of comfort after their near death experience.

B.M: "So... How did it know about the elevator?"

B: "That's the thing... We don't know how it knew..."

That dragon was almost life-like... It wasn't like some sort of programmed NPC, it was like a sentient being with a mind of its own.

J: "Wait! That reminds me... BigMac, remember that shark dude that kidnapped you?"

B.M: "Ugh... don't remind me..."

BigMac shuddered upon hearing that name.

J: "Anyway... Didn't he also act like he had a mind of his own?"

B.M: "Alright, as much as I don't wanna remember that... It's true, he was like an overprotective sibling..."

The boys looked back at the elevator, contemplating the information they gathered through the process of elimination.

C: "These... Aren't games, are they?"

B.M: "With how realistic they feel? Yeah, these are more than just games.

B: "No wonder why we can change mechanics whenever we wanna..."

B: "...Hey! That's another thing! Our watches! Why do we even have them in the first place?"

C: "Oh yeah! I never really thought about those..."

The boys looked down at their watches, which had a blue screen on it that said: "Only active when necessary."

J: "How come we can only use them in those... Worlds?"

C: "There are so many questions about this place..."

The boys looked around the blank space Once again.

B.M: "...Is everyone thinking what I'm thinking?"

C: "Yeah man, we have to look further into this... Maybe if we complete all of these worlds, we'll be able to uncover this mystery!"

B: "So... No more going individually?"

B.M: "Yeah! Whenever we play, we play as a team, who knows what could happen if we're alone!"

B: "Yeah, Cole and I found that out the hard way..."

J: "We play again later this week?"

C: "Yeah!"

B.M: "Alright! See you guys tomorrow!"

With that, they all disconnected almost simultaneously, leaving the white void empty once again.

Wow... A near death situation, do you wish for our friends'deaths?

There's only two more to go... Choose wisely next time, maybe something the boys would be more prepared for...