Girlfriend?

Two days later, Bucky and I went out on three dates - one owed breakfast and one owed dinner. Today I planned on cooking him the homemade dinner I owed him. I was just sitting on my sofa with the news on in the background, making a list of all the things I was going to need. Bucky said we'd do the shopping together and would be here in a few hours.

I looked up from my list as I thought about what else I needed to add, but caught the Department of Defence making a speech. I turned the volume up, curious about what stupid thing they were saying now. Clearly, I've lost all respect for our government. Ever since the Accords, I've held nothing but contempt for them and it would take something huge to change my mind.

"Unrest in the wake of recent events has left us vulnerable. Every day Americans feel it. While we love the heroes who put their lives on the line to defend Earth, we also need a hero to defend this country. We need a real person who embodies America's greatest values. We need someone to inspire us again, someone who can be a symbol for all of us. So, on behalf of the Department of Defense and our Commander-in-Chief, it is with great honor that we announce here today that the United States of America has a new hero. Join me in welcoming your new Captain America."

"No!" I shouted, standing up and watching in horror as a man, a fake, dressed up as Captain America, stepped up to the podium and that wasn't even the words part. Attached to his arm was the real Captain America's shield... Steve's shield.

I didn't even bother calling Sam this time and telling him this was his fault. My time to ream him out would come. Besides, if he's seen this PSA, he probably already knew how much he screwed up and felt incredibly guilty about it. At least, I hope that's how he was feeling. I need to clean.

Three hours later, Bucky came to pick me up, and that's how he found me. He walked through the door and saw that I was on my hands and knees with a scrub brush, going to town on already pristine white floors.

"Oh, boy." Bucky sighed, kneeling down beside me, "What are you doing Nell?"

I ignored him and just kept scrubbing, nose a hair's breadth away from the floor so I could see the smallest speck of dirt. I saw nothing, but it didn't stop me. Bucky called my name a few more times, but I didn't let up. I didn't stop until he forcefully took the brush from me and threw it into the bucket of soapy lemon scented water. Water that hadn't even changed colour since I started.

"Did you see what they did!" I snapped, finally sitting back on my heels.

"I did but there is nothing we can do about it." Bucky said, another sigh escaping his lips as he brought us to a standing position.

"There's a lot I can do, actually. I'm going to go to DC, I'm going to barge in on the Department of Defence and I'm going to tell them that they're complete and utter morons!"

"That's cute. Let me know how that works out for you." He said, rolling his eyes as he led me away from my foyer and into the den.

"Then, I'm going to use the shadows and steal the shield and hide it away until Sam can pull his head out of his ass." I said, letting Bucky sit me down.

"Sounds great. Send me a postcard from prison will you?"

I shot my eyes to him with a frown, "Stop patronizing me."

"I'm not. I'm listening to you." He deadpanned.

"Well... you're not very good at it." I muttered, crossing my arms. "You're supposed to calm me down. Take the anger away. You're just fueling it."

"I like watching you when you're frustrated and flustered. You look sexy."

I puffed out my cheeks, feeling the heat creeping into them at his confession. No one has called me sexy before. It's a term I never really associated with myself. I didn't want him to know that though, so I stood up and tried to stomp past him, more embarrassed than angry now. He grabbed my arm and pulled me close, giving me a searing kiss.