Bad dreams

Jay pov:
It was around 3am (15:00) maybe 4am (16:00) he didn't know nor care. He'd been pacing around his room for fsm knows how long, not wanting another overly vivid nightmare about everything that's happened. He'd gotten the nightmares in the other timeline as well, he was hoping they'd stop after the whole erasing timeline this but here we are.

He was too zoned out to notice someone coming. He jumped and got into a fighting stance upon hearing someone knock on the door, before taking a deep breath and attempting to calm down. "Come in!" He told them, wondering why someone would be up this late. The door opened slightly, Nya poke her head through cautiously and after a couple seconds stepped fully into the room, closing the door behind her. He noticed she looked like she'd been crying. She stood there, seemingly not knowing what to say "Are-..are you ok?" He asked her, trying not to seem too worried. He remembered how he hated the pitiful looks and the worry in people after they'd rescued him from the Misfortunes keep, thinking about that place made him shudder slightly.

Nya cleared her throat "I hope I didn't wake you, I just thought I heard you walking in here" her voice wavered, at this point he could definitely tell she was crying before coming into his room. "No you didn't wake me, what are you still doing up..?" He asked her, probably failing to hide the concern in his tone due to the way she broke eye contact. She looked back at him after a couple of seconds "I could be asking you the same thing" she raised her eyebrow as she spoke, but he didn't reply, waiting for a real answer.

She sighed, annoyed "Finee..I had a nightmare. It's stupid I know but-" he cut her off before she could finish "No- no..I get those too" he tried to reassured her, hoping he was doing alright at this. "Did you wanna talk about it" he asked Nya after a moment of awkward silence, "Maybe-.." she said hesitantly. He walked over to his bed and sat down on the edge of it, patting the spot next to him so she would do the same. She sat next to him and rested her head on his shoulder "It was just-..it was just my death-" she said the end of the sentence as quick as she could, before he could process anything she continued "It was just so..so real! When I woke up I didn't know what was going on and when I realized it was a nightmare I just...I just needed someone I guess.." she told him, on the verge of tears.

He couldn't comprehend the fact that out of all the people she could've gone to she went to him, he knew he was the only other person that knew about the timeline but still- he didn't know how or why she still tolerated him after everything he's done. No- no he couldn't think about this when Nya needed him, not now. She rarely showed any weakness to anyone, he had to make sure she knew she could talk to him whenever. But-..but he didn't know what to say! He started panicking, what if he does something wrong? What if she ends up hating him like she already should? What if he can't do this?

He hugged her, not knowing what to do. She hugged him back tightly, so he assumed it worked. She sniffled, trying not to cry "Could I-..could I maybe sleep in here tonight..?" She asked hesitantly "Like at the lighthouse?" He asked her softly, she hummed yes while nodding her head. "Of course, you honestly don't even have to ask next time you have a nightmare" he told her pulling away from the hug, getting under the covers, Nya crawled over next to him and laid down, "Thanks..good night, Jay" she whispered to him, her eyes already closed. He smiled slightly "Good night, Nya" he whispered back to her, closing his own eyes.
.  .  .
He woke up sweating and panting, his heart rapidly beating. He sat up immediately, put a hand to his heart and looked around frantically. It'd taken him a moment to realize he was safe, in the lighthouse. He looked next to the bed, Nya was asleep on a mattress they were able to fine next to the bed. Or so he thought she was asleep before she turned to him, her eyes open. She'd probably woken up with the noise. She quickly got up to sit next to him, worried and wiped away a-..a tear? He didn't even realize he was crying. "You ok?" She asked worriedly, he hated that he was making her worry. He cleared his throat, trying not to sound like a total mess when he spoke "Yeah-..just a nightmare" he answered looking down, avoiding eye contact. Clearing his throat did nothing, his voice was scratchy and it broke on the first word.

She looked at him pitifully- fsm he hated when people did that, it's been happening a lot lately. "Alright well..just get me if you need me" she said, giving him a sad smile before starting to go back to her mattress. He grabbed her wrist before she could get too far lightly, she looked back at him confused, already standing. "Wait- can you.." he finally looked into her eyes "Can you sleep here....please..?" He asked her desperately. She didn't say anything else before climbing back onto his bed and getting under the covers. He joined her, laying down. "Night, Sparky" she whispered to him "G'night, Nya" he whispered back, smiling.
.  .  .
He smiled at the memory, happy that he gets to repay the favour and drifted off to sleep.