『13→𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧』

☀❄

☀❄

Your heart pounds made you more conscious with every minute go by while Shoto drives. The tension in the air between the you and Shoto did not go unnoticed from both of you. You knew there was no going back once the two of you are alone at his place.

Upon arrival, Shoto parked his car and leads out from it, you grew aware of the surroundings of the building. It's your second time at his premises and you wonder if Shoto was as nervous as you were. You both stood in front of his door. You patiently watch as he keys in his passcode, allowing the door to open and he gestures you in first. 

Shoto has been silent the whole way through, however, you were unaware of his heavy breathing ever since you were in his car. "Go ahead and take a seat," he spoke, gently guiding you with his hand on your lower back. "I'll make you a drink."

You fiddled with the hem of your dress as you took a proper look around his apartment. It didn't have a feel of home but it was quite empty except for the essentials despite the beauty of the traditional Japanese style interior.

You jerked a bit when Shoto appeared in front of you, setting the glasses of what seems to be hot green tea on his coffee table. Your now boyfriend took a seat beside you; knees touching. "Are you okay, (y/n)? I mean, I did kind of pulled you out of the party a little earlier," he asked, concerned as you were a fidgeting ever since the car ride.

As much as Shoto is pleased with the fact you have become his girlfriend, he wanted to make sure you were comfortable, now that your status have changed.

"Oh! I'm fine, Shoto, really. It's just . . .", you drawled as you tried to find the words to express what's running through your mind. "Well, I haven't been in a relationship in a long while because once I was done with studies, I just jumped into searching the job market."

Shoto listened attentively as his eyes watched your body language. "You could say that I'm nervous about being in a relationship and . . . in the back of my mind, I can't help but . . . wonder what the rest of the agency would say about me."

That's when the male took both your hands in his, pulling them near to his face as he gazed into your eyes with seriousness. "(y/n), you don't have to worry about other people and what they think of us."

Your heart leaped when he said 'us'.

He gently kissed the top of your hands. "You've been a big help at the agency and especially as my assistant. Now, I'm much more content that you have officially become mine, anyone who dares to mess with you will face me. I promise that." The husk of his voice sent you shivers as he exudes protectiveness over you.

"If you ever feel worried about anything, just always remember that you're pro hero Shoto's and just ordinary Todoroki Shoto's lover." You blushed over his choice of word. No one would have thought the aloof yet overworked pro hero could sound so determined and committed while uttering sweet words.